Author Topic: Book: Trump Was Actively Recruited by 2 Pro Baseball Teams During School  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Book: Trump Was Actively Recruited by 2 Pro Baseball Teams During School
Conservative Tribune, May 28, 2018, Cillian Zeal

President Donald Trump knows how to play hardball in a metaphorical sense. It turns out he’s not too bad at it in a literal sense, either.

According to a new book on presidents and baseball, the 45th president was scouted by two teams coming out of his high school military prep academy to be a pro prospect, the Washington Examiner reported.

Author Curt Smith says the Boston Red Sox and the Philadelphia Phillies were interested in the first basemen from New York Military Academy before he went off to college at Fordham University in 1964 (he would eventually transfer to the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business).

Both times, the president turned down offers to pursue a baseball career. “He chose ‘real money’ over baseball money,” Smith writes.

More:  https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/book-trump-was-actively-recruited-by-2-pro-baseball-teams-during-school/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

(Trump's in the middle)

Offline aligncare

Trump’s family was well off and could afford to send their son Donald to military academy where he excelled in sports.

But, the family’s success in life was well earned through hard work and Trump’s dad wanted to make sure Donald understood the value of labor. So, during summer breaks Fred Trump would take Donald on construction sites to pick up bottles and clean up. Fred was a smart man and a good father.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:14:32 pm by aligncare »

Offline Suppressed

Author Curt Smith says ...

Is he citing David Dennison or John Barron?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
To bad he had bone spurs.

Offline mountaineer

To bad he had bone spurs.
I don't know anything about his (relates to draft deferment, correct?) but mine are nothing to laugh at.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org