Author Topic: Gowdy: FBI acted properly with use of informant during 2016 campaign  (Read 672 times)

Offline mrclose

Another rat jumps ship!

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said Tuesday he believes the FBI acted properly with its use of an informant to speak with several members of President Trump's 2016 campaign.

"I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump," Gowdy said on Fox News's.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/389810-gowdy-fbi-acted-properly-with-informant-during-campaign
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This has been a terrible day for Roseanne Barr, Gov. Greitens, and President Trump.

Asked for comment Congressman Devin Nunes said "Gowdy is a member of MS-13."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:59:40 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-judge-napolitano-calls-trumps-spygate-claims-baseless-theres-no-evidence-whatsoever/

Fox News’ Judge Napolitano Calls Trump’s ‘Spygate’ Claims ‘Baseless’: There’s ‘No Evidence Whatsoever’

Judge Andrew Napolitano called Donald Trump’s “Spygate” — which is otherwise known as the allegation that an undercover FBI agent spied on the president’s 2016 campaign in an attempt to undermine it — a “baseless” claim with “no evidence” backing it.

Napolitano, who made the comments while appearing on The Story With Martha MacCallum today, explained why he thinks the evidence for “Spygate” is lacking with the following statement:

“The allegations by Mayor Giuliani over the weekend which would lead to us believe that the Trump people think that the FBI had an undercover agent who inveigled his way into the campaign and was there as a spy on the campaign seem to be baseless. There is no evidence for that whatsoever. But the other allegation about this professor whose name we are not supposed to mention, talking to people on the periphery of the campaign, that is standard operating procedure in intelligence gathering and in criminal investigations.”

more and video at link

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yeah, but you know that everyone knows all along that Gowdy was a do-nothing and probably at this point, a deep stater who has been compromised in some way.  Forget the fact Nunes hand picked him to evaluate and co-author the material that would become The Memo.  Also, knowing he was a lame duck, Nunes wanted Gowdy in the meeting with Rosenstein.  Let the spinning and rationalizing begin.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I was pretty curious about Gowdy's sudden decision to leave politics and now my curiosity has piqued with this proclamation from him.  Whatever's in his closet has got to be pretty damn interesting.  I look forward to the day it tumbles out.

In the meantime, good riddance.  January can't come fast enough.  He was useless. 

Or was he  :pondering:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:30:22 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I was pretty curious about Gowdy's sudden decision to leave politics and now my curiosity has piqued with this proclamation from him.  Whatever's in his closet has got to be pretty damn interesting.  I look forward to the day it tumbles out.

In the meantime, good riddance.  January can't come fast enough.  He was as useless. 

Or was he  :pondering:

Sure.  If there was anything to the meeting, Nunes, who was also in attendance, would have said nothing.  Instead, he spent the weekend kicking rocks and doing more shoe gazing than Robert Smith in 1983.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-judge-napolitano-calls-trumps-spygate-claims-baseless-theres-no-evidence-whatsoever/

Fox News’ Judge Napolitano Calls Trump’s ‘Spygate’ Claims ‘Baseless’: There’s ‘No Evidence Whatsoever’

Judge Andrew Napolitano called Donald Trump’s “Spygate” — which is otherwise known as the allegation that an undercover FBI agent spied on the president’s 2016 campaign in an attempt to undermine it — a “baseless” claim with “no evidence” backing it.

Napolitano, who made the comments while appearing on The Story With Martha MacCallum today, explained why he thinks the evidence for “Spygate” is lacking with the following statement:

more and video at link

And we know he's the judge!  When will all this end?  So tiring.  All the AT's how great Donald is but his entire presidency has been mired in drama.  From all of his "only the best" that he has hired and fired.  The leaks, and the "Spygate".  Its old already. 

One thing I can say about Gowdy is that he was a failure in the Clinton investigations.  That woman should be behind bars.  And the same goes for all of this.  It is a complete waste of taxpayer money.  Nothing is ever going to come from it.  Let it go!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.