Author Topic: "Absolutely" a blue Muslim wave coming, says Michigan congressional candidate Rashida Tlaib  (Read 408 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Caroline Linton CBS News May 24, 2018, 3:10 AM
"Absolutely" a blue Muslim wave coming, says Michigan congressional candidate Rashida Tlaib

Rashida Tlaib, who is running for the Congress in the 13th district in Michigan, said Wednesday she "absolutely" sees a "blue Muslim wave" in the 2018 midterm elections. Tlaib is one of more than 90 Muslim Americans, many of whom are Democrats, running for public office in 2018, a trend The Washington Post dubbed the "blue Muslim wave."

In an interview with CBSN's Reena Ninan on "Red & Blue," Tlaib called the Muslim Americans running for office "incredibly talented, inspirational neighbors of ours who happen to be Muslim."

Tlaib, a former social worker and Michigan state Representative, said "my policy stance is going to be about improving the quality of life for the families I represent, and it so happens I'm a Muslim."   

"Me being elected is a big message to the whole country that we are part of the government, we are part of society and we want to give back just like anyone else," Tlaib noted.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rashida-tlaib-blue-muslim-wave-michigan-13-congresional-district/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BLUE WAVE DEM LITTLE MOGADISHU COMING TO USA! IF WE CAN'T KILL YOU WILL RULE YOU!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm under the impression that Michigan has a lot of Arabs, period, they are from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and so on.  They even have a few Christian Arabs.

Somehow, for the "Little Mogadishu", there was just a large transplanting of Somalis in Minnesota, some of that not wanted by the local populace, some of that done by Churches and I guess, the US Government. So, the vast number of Muslims in Minnesota would be from Somalia vs. the situation in Michigan and even some other states. Hence, the Somali community is rough around the edges, from one of the world's ultimate backwaters and a desert at that and definitely with a number of radical Muslims, a good number living in public housing and things like that. Apparently,  there are also a number of Somalis in Nashville and other places as well.

There are Arab American newspapers, news websites that one can visit. I think one is from Dearborn and Chicago.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:03:29 pm by TomSea »