Author Topic: Trump Rallies (and Surprises) Navy Grads: ...  (Read 322 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Rallies (and Surprises) Navy Grads: ...
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:00:27 pm »
Trump Rallies (and Surprises) Navy Grads: You Are Now Part of the Mightiest Fighting Force in the World
Townhall, May 25, 2018, Katie Pavlich

President Trump traveled from the White House to Annapolis, Maryland Friday morning to give the commenement address for the 2018 U.S. Naval Academy graduating class.

"You are now leaders in the most powerful and righteous force on the face of the planet: the United States military," President Trump said to a stadium filled with 30,000 people. "Each of you will make your own mark on the Navy, the Marine Corps, the military, and the history of our great nation...There is no hill our Marines our can’t take and there is no stronghold the SEALs can’t breach. There is no sea the Navy can’t brave."

"Together you are the tip of the spear, the edge of the blade and the front of the shield defending and protecting our great country," he continued. "America is the greatest fighting force for peace, justice, and freedom in the history of the world."

The president joked about the football rivalry between Navy and Army, then proceeded to ask if they were "sick of winning yet." He also informed the cadets that hundreds of new ships are on their way and said the days of depleted military funding are over.

"No money for the military? Those days are over," he said. “We know that the best way to prevent war is to be fully prepared for war.”

More: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/05/25/trump-rallies-navy-grads-you-are-now-part-of-the-greatest-fighting-force-in-the-world-n2484400

Re: Trump Rallies (and Surprises) Navy Grads: ...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:03:33 pm »
Trump agrees to shake '1,100 and something' hands at Naval Academy graduation
Washington Examiner, May 25, 2018, Steven Nelson

President Trump said Friday he would stay for "hours" to shake hands with all graduating seniors at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.

Trump closed his address to graduates by asking them to weigh in on whether or not he should stay.

"I was given an option. I could make this commencement address, which is a great honor for me, and immediately leave and wave goodbye. Or I could stay and shake hands with just the top 100. Or I could stay for hours and shake hands with 1,100 and something. What should I do? What should I do?" he asked.

"I'll stay," he exclaimed to applause. "I'll stay."

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-agrees-to-shake-1-100-and-something-hands-at-naval-academy-graduation

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:10:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:09:45 pm »
He'll hit 60% on the daily tracking poll by November if he keeps this up.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »
@joshdcaplan
 Follow Follow @joshdcaplan

Awesome video of Pres. Trump shaking hands of Naval Academy graduates for 90 minutes. Here’s every single one in under a minute.

https://twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/1000072025342345221

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:20:28 pm »
 :patriot:

@dukeblu85
 Replying to @joshdcaplan

71 year old, stood straight backed in the sun on concrete and shook hands for 90 minutes. What an incredible tribute. Thank you President Trump. Meaningful. #MAGA