Author Topic: McConnell says he backs Mueller probe after classified briefing  (Read 1799 times)

Offline mrclose

F-ing POS! 22222frying pan

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday after attending a classified briefing that he continues to support special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

McConnell told NPR that Mueller's investigation and a separate probe by the Justice Department's inspector general into the FBI's actions during the 2016 election will ultimately provide answers to a number of questions swirling around the presidential race.

"The two investigations going on that I think will give us the answers to the questions that you raise — the [inspector general] investigation in the Justice Department and the Mueller investigation," McConnell told NPR.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/389314-mcconnell-says-he-backs-mueller-probe-after-classified-briefing?ref=yfp
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:05:38 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: McConnell says he backs Mueller probe after classified briefing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:08:47 pm »
F-ing POS! 22222frying pan

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/389314-mcconnell-says-he-backs-mueller-probe-after-classified-briefing?ref=yfp

Maybe not.

It is entirely possible that Mueller told McConnell that he's basically concluded that Trump didn't do anything improper, and that he's just wrapping up whatever smaller fish remain.  If that is the case, then McConnell should support the investigation because it will mean an announcement that Trump has been cleared.

Or maybe that's not the case.  Point is, unless we know what McConnell was told, we really can't know whether his reaction should be criticized or not.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11:02 pm »
Maybe not.

It is entirely possible that Mueller told McConnell that he's basically concluded that Trump didn't do anything improper, and that he's just wrapping up whatever smaller fish remain.  If that is the case, then McConnell should support the investigation because it will mean an announcement that Trump has been cleared.

Or maybe that's not the case.  Point is, unless we know what McConnell was told, we really can't know whether his reaction should be criticized or not.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:29 pm »
Maybe not.

You have a good point.  But, we do know McConnell the Turtle is a POS. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:41:52 pm »
Yea,
they finally found a Russian with a Trump sign in his yard.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:45:59 pm »
I don't read this the way The Hill is spinning this. McTurtle isn't backing Stupid Bobby and his investigation. He is saying he doesn't want to get involved and hopes one of the numerous investigations will be enough so that he doesn't have to get involved......as usual. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »
Maybe not.

Not a chance.

Mule head has stacked his office with strong pro-hillary people and has no history of being an honest fair man. He is a political creature of DC. Mule head will wait till Sept/Oct to come out with a report, if not big indictments, laying the ground work for the House to impeach Trump. I'm sure all the "reasonable" Pubs will express shock and reiterate their support of Mule head as a man of integrity at that point.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 08:30:19 pm »
This whole mess isn't so much about protecting the Clinton's though that is a part of it.
No, this whole cover-up and Illegal Mueller investigation is a diversion to protect "The First Black President!"

You can bet your @$$ that the "Intelligence community" had a hand in getting Obama elected to his second term.
(I'm not so sure that they didn't have a hand in his first campaign!)

~ Self

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
Maybe not.

@Maj. Bill Martin   One's first instinct is to not trust McConnell.  I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 08:41:18 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin   One's first instinct is to not trust McConnell.  I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.

McConnell's interests are obviously at odds with this president's. Since McConnell is the consummate insider I have to believe he's pleased with any effort to hobble or otherwise keep Trump on a leash.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 09:48:42 pm »

It is not in McConnell's interest for Trump to get slammed at this point -- it would damage heavily GOP prospects in the Congressional races.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 09:50:58 pm »
It is not in McConnell's interest for Trump to get slammed at this point -- it would damage heavily GOP prospects in the Congressional races.

What if McConnell doesn't want to win?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 09:52:40 pm »
That is @$$uming that they care!
I don't believe that they care because they side more with the Dims!
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 09:52:52 pm »

That's my take.

Mueller could have said that they are just closing up on all the loose ends...and run it out until Christmas.

Old Republicans like McConnell never knew how to fight.

Today, it's 'Cage Fighting'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 09:56:00 pm »

:pondering:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 09:58:42 pm »

After decades of watching these clowns I now firmly believe that as long as they have their own seat locked up, and nearly all of them do, they couldn't care less about being in the majority.

In fact, its more convenient for the GOP to be fat dumb & happy in the minority, telling all of the rubes in their districts 'dad gummit, if it weren't for the libruls they'd pass that anti-flag burning amendment' all the while bringing home the bacon for the same big money contributors the democrats have.

Trump has made them very uncomfortable by forcing them to act & they resent it.

We are reminded constantly by their actions if not words that the GOPe hates conservatives. They have reasons for that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:03:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 10:04:54 pm »
After decades of watching these clowns I now firmly believe that as long as they have their own seat locked up, and nearly all of them do, they couldn't care less about being in the majority.

In fact, its more convenient for the GOP to be fat dumb & happy in the minority, telling all of the rubes in their districts 'dad gummit, if it weren't for the libruls they'd pass that anti-flag burning amendment' all the while bringing home the bacon for the same big money contributors the democrats have.

We are reminded constantly by their actions if not words that the GOPe hates conservatives. They have reasons for that.

But ... we just got a puppy.  He came over from the Big Island.  He's adorable.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:56 pm »

Nice analysis. I think you're right.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 10:06:06 pm »

Hah?

A refugee from Kiluea?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 10:08:59 pm »
Nice analysis. I think you're right.

It explains the enigmatic actions of Jeff Sessions, too. IMO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 10:36:57 pm »

We need pictures!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 10:38:59 pm »

Now that's a rescue story!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 10:40:10 pm »

The word you are looking for is "sinecure."

si·ne·cure
[ˈsīnəkyo͝or, ˈsinəˌkyo͝or]
NOUN

a position requiring little or no work but giving the holder status or financial benefit.
synonyms: easy job · soft option · cushy number · money for old rope · money for jam · picnic · doddle · walk in the park · cinch · gravy train · bludge
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 10:42:29 pm »

si·ne·cure
NOUN

a position requiring little or no work but giving the holder status or financial benefit.
synonyms: easy job · soft option · cushy number · money for old rope · money for jam · picnic · doddle · walk in the park · cinch · gravy train · bludge

@Cyber Liberty
You know all them five dollar words or are you PMing @Sanguine to get em?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 10:43:07 pm »

si·ne·cure
NOUN

Exactly. And damn us yokels to hell for insisting they actually represent us.