Author Topic: “Google headcount tax” moved ahead Wednesday in Mountain View, CA  (Read 533 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Looks like the Seattle contagion is spreading into other cities.  Ist stop...California.  I'm shocked.  How about you?

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — Plans for a “Google headcount tax” moved ahead Wednesday in Mountain View after a municipal panel recommended that the full city council approve the proposal.

A three-member subcommittee of the Mountain View City Council endorsed the concept on Wednesday of a tax on the number of workers a company employs within the city limits, although government officials refer to it formally as a “restructuring” of the business license tax.

The Mountain View City Council is scheduled to meet June 5 to make a final decision on whether it will order the city staff to prepare a ballot measure for voters to approve or reject in November.

“When you think of the six-figure incomes that tech companies pay their employees, a tax of $200 per employee doesn’t seem to be that much more to pay,” Mountain View City Councilman John McAlister, a subcommittee member, said Wednesday.
Read more at  ...https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/23/google-tax-plan-moves-ahead-mountain-view-after-city-actions-apple-jobs-economy/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

Looks like the Seattle contagion is spreading into other cities.  Ist stop...California.  I'm shocked.  How about you?

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — Plans for a “Google headcount tax” moved ahead Wednesday in Mountain View after a municipal panel recommended that the full city council approve the proposal.

A three-member subcommittee of the Mountain View City Council endorsed the concept on Wednesday of a tax on the number of workers a company employs within the city limits, although government officials refer to it formally as a “restructuring” of the business license tax.

The Mountain View City Council is scheduled to meet June 5 to make a final decision on whether it will order the city staff to prepare a ballot measure for voters to approve or reject in November.

“When you think of the six-figure incomes that tech companies pay their employees, a tax of $200 per employee doesn’t seem to be that much more to pay,” Mountain View City Councilman John McAlister, a subcommittee member, said Wednesday.
Read more at  ...https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/23/google-tax-plan-moves-ahead-mountain-view-after-city-actions-apple-jobs-economy/

Said the guy who wants no business ever to bring more jobs to his town...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline darroll

Wait until they find out allot of the employees in the silicon valley are from India.

Offline Frank Cannon

In related news.....

Seattle: A Tax On Jobs, $400 Million, And The Report That Never Was

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogervaldez/2018/05/23/seattle-a-tax-on-jobs-400-million-and-the-report-that-never-was/2/#5059cecd2929

Enter McKinsey and Company, Seattle office. It’s hard to nail down who requested McKinsey to figure out how much it would cost to “solve” homelessness in Seattle. Rumor was that the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce had asked the question. Their communication person denies that, saying “We did not commission this report.”

That didn’t stop David Kroman at Crosscut from reporting on May 8, just before the a $75 million tax on hours worked by employees was about to be considered for a vote by the City Council, that

King County needs between $360 million and $410 million every year to realistically solve the homelessness crisis, according to a report quietly drafted by a consulting firm in partnership with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.

There was a report, quietly drafted. Very quietly. So quietly it didn’t exist.

The report that they based all of their Communism on doesn't exist.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
In related news.....

Seattle: A Tax On Jobs, $400 Million, And The Report That Never Was

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogervaldez/2018/05/23/seattle-a-tax-on-jobs-400-million-and-the-report-that-never-was/2/#5059cecd2929

The report that they based all of their Communism on doesn't exist.

That study was done at Faber College.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: