Author Topic: Business Owner Tells Nancy Pelosi His Employees’ Bonus And Pay Increases Were Not ‘Crumbs’  (Read 632 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
SCOTT MOREFIELD
11:00 PM 05/23/2018

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi fielded a question during a CNN town hall Wednesday from a business owner who clearly took issue with her characterization of the Republican tax cuts as “crumbs.”

“We are a small business with seven full time employees that provide the fertilizer and seed products to our farm customers,” said the business owner named John. “When the tax and jobs bill was passed, I gave my employees $1,000 bonus, plus a 5 percent pay increase that they appreciated very much. Add to that the reduced withholding from their pay collection and it turned into a noticeable increase in income. This certainly was not crumbs to them. My question is, what can you add to this legislation that would also contribute to the growth of jobs and wages in our country?”

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/23/business-owner-pelosi-crumbs/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And then Nancy lied and said he was one of a "handful" of companies that gave bonuses.

Yeah no.  There have been a little over 500 companies that have given raises or bonuses because of the tax cuts.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

And then Nancy lied and said he was one of a "handful" of companies that gave bonuses.

Yeah no.  There have been a little over 500 companies that have given raises or bonuses because of the tax cuts.

Out of 30 million businesses in the US?

Are you actually arguing that 0.00000017% isn't "a handful"?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Out of 30 million businesses in the US?

Are you actually arguing that 0.00000017% isn't "a handful"?

It's certainly not crumbs as Nancy was insinuating Especially when some of those are Fortune 500 companies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

Question for this business owner: how are you going to pay for the tax hikes down the road that will be necessary to pay for the trillion dollar Trump deficits?

Offline Suppressed

Question for this business owner: how are you going to pay for the tax hikes down the road that will be necessary to pay for the trillion dollar Trump deficits?

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn