Author Topic: Clint Walker - "Cheyenne" turns 90 today  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Clint Walker - "Cheyenne" turns 90 today
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:10:50 pm »
Clint Walker, the handsome actor who played Cheyenne and many other roles in television and movies, turns 90 today.

Wikipedia

IMDb

ClintWalker.com

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Clint Walker - "Cheyenne" turns 90 today
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:21:08 pm »
Still watch the reruns on Starz Encore Western Channels.

You could fire the babysitter and lock your children in a room with Cheyenne episodes....they'll turn out just fine.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:22:30 pm »
Clint Walker, the handsome actor who played Cheyenne and many other roles in television and movies, turns 90 today.

Wikipedia

IMDb

ClintWalker.com
He was indeed, very handsome and very manly.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »
I chuckle often, at how the beautiful guest stars would follow the scripts and often flirt openly with Cheyenne.

Without fail, he would diplomatically extricate himself from the moment and...not even a peck on the cheek....not even a handshake.

That couldn't/wouldn't happen if it were written today.   Cheyenne would have to be R rated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:47:38 pm »
Mr. Walker passed away yesterday.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 11:12:19 pm »
Mr. Walker passed away yesterday.

Solid conservative of a kind becoming harder to find.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:14:30 pm »
Still watch the reruns on Starz Encore Western Channels.

You could fire the babysitter and lock your children in a room with Cheyenne episodes....they'll turn out just fine.

And they would learn more morality than sitting in a school house for 6.2 hours a day
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 11:17:24 pm »
And they would learn more morality than sitting in a school house for 6.2 hours a day

Amen, brother!   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 11:17:58 pm »
Can still sing the theme song.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 11:21:50 pm »
Can still sing the theme song.  ^-^

I was just watching Cheyenne, not 15 minutes ago.

So lucky to have been a young boy growing up with that....as opposed to Grand Theft Auto or some other high gore video game.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 01:30:33 am »
I was just watching Cheyenne, not 15 minutes ago.

So lucky to have been a young boy growing up with that....as opposed to Grand Theft Auto or some other high gore video game.

And as a girl to have all that, plus getting to watch him take his shirt off in every episode.  ^-^

Just kidding....... sorta......... my sister and I loved that show for LOTS of reasons!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:04:48 am »
And as a girl to have all that, plus getting to watch him take his shirt off in every episode.  ^-^

Just kidding....... sorta......... my sister and I loved that show for LOTS of reasons!

I remarked ...OMG, here a YEAR AGO,  that if CHEYENNE was filmed today, it would be R-rated...and thought the same thing.

To clarify (LOL) mean that the 'love interest' or distressed widow/maiden/dancer/prostitute would be all over him.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:06:41 am by DCPatriot »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 01:47:41 pm »
I remarked ...OMG, here a YEAR AGO,  that if CHEYENNE was filmed today, it would be R-rated...and thought the same thing.

To clarify (LOL) mean that the 'love interest' or distressed widow/maiden/dancer/prostitute would be all over him.   :laugh:

LOL!  I get you! 

The age of innocence is over............ but I'm so glad we grew up when it actually existed, aren't you?

Think about what they'd have Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty doing if it were made today.  My parents never would have let me watch it!