Author Topic: Women dominate in Democratic primaries in the south  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Women dominate in Democratic primaries in the south
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:35 pm »
Women dominate in Democratic primaries in the south
by Laura Barrón-López
 | May 23, 2018 09:36 AM

All month long women have been racking up wins in Democratic primaries and Tuesday night was no different, as female candidates secured victories in Texas, Kentucky and Georgia.

If the momentum behind women holds, their number could dramatically increase in Congress and statehouses. Eighty-four women are serving in the House and six are governors.

In Georgia, former state minority leader Stacey Abrams became the first black woman to win a major party nomination in a gubernatorial bid. If elected, she’d be the first black female governor in U.S. history.

In Texas, party favorite Lizzie Pannill Fletcher beat progressive Laura Moser in the 7th Congressional District, a closely watched House race that is a top target for Democrats. Fletcher will take on incumbent Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/women-dominate-in-democratic-primaries-in-the-south
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Women dominate in Democratic primaries in the south
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:54:16 pm »
Somewhere samiches are not being made.

This can not stand!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Women dominate in Democratic primaries in the south
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 01:59:59 pm »
Who gives a royal rats ass? They make this sound like these dopey broads won the elections already. Most of these districts and seats are going to be won by the GOP'er. Utter bullshit news.