Author Topic: Guns found, violent threats made at schools near Texas high school shooting  (Read 621 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Guns found, violent threats made at schools near Texas high school shooting
by Katelyn Caralle
 | May 22, 2018 07:59 AM

Threats of more gun violence were made this week at schools in Texas, just as students from the high school in Santa Fe, Texas, returned for the first time since last week's school shooting that left nine students and one adult dead.

Officials said two students at nearby schools were caught bringing guns to school, and gun threats were made at three other schools near Santa Fe.

A gun was found in the backpack of a student at Hargrave High School, which is about an hour away from Santa Fe High School.

“This morning we received a tip that a Hargrave High School Student had a gun in his backpack and was intending to harm himself,” Huffman Independent School District said in a statement on Facebook. “The student and backpack were immediately taken into custody and the building has been placed on lockdown as a precaution as we continue to investigate the incident.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/guns-found-violent-threats-made-at-schools-near-texas-high-school-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Like a virus, spread by media.

Online mountaineer

Like a virus, spread by media.
They (the media) are constantly fanning the flames, aren't they?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

It was surprising to learn of quite a few gun "incidents" on Monday at the local area schools.

But far more common, through social media over the weekend, an overwhelming number of kids at dozens of different schools here, wore Green and Gold of any clothing to show support of the Santa Fe Students.

At 10 am across Texas, schools nearly everywhere stopped in remembrance of those students.

In my high school daughter's class, she asked if everyone wanted to join in a circle, hold hands for a moment of prayer.  Everyone, including the teacher, joined together.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wonder if his family took Dmitry to an Orthodox Greek or any Church, that might have something to do with how teenagers act as well, it be good or bad.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@thackney, I just read this after our conversation.  I really hope your kids are feeling ok and am glad the community is coming together.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline thackney

@thackney, I just read this after our conversation.  I really hope your kids are feeling ok and am glad the community is coming together.

Lots of questions of why and how do we stop this without answers.  I've seen lots of support of Santa Fe from people only marginally connected.  But they still act as if this happened in their "home".

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Lots of questions of why and how do we stop this without answers.  I've seen lots of support of Santa Fe from people only marginally connected.  But they still act as if this happened in their "home".

@thackney , prayers and well wishes to you and your family and your community
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

@thackney , prayers and well wishes to you and your family and your community

I don't mean to overstate my connection to this.  We really are not close to anyone there at the school.  Several "oh yeah, I remember them" type connections.  Lots of friends of friends.

I have sat in the Friday Night Lights at the Santa Fe stadium more than once, but always on the visitor side.  It just feels too close to home.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:31:33 pm by thackney »