Author Topic: Dems grit their teeth and cheer for Trump on North Korea  (Read 891 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Dems grit their teeth and cheer for Trump on North Korea
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:10:51 am »
Democrats face a political minefield ahead of President Donald Trump’s historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un: how to root for success for a president they usually want to see flounder.

Trump is reportedly reevaluating the prospects for a significant denuclearization commitment from Kim Jong Un, but if he manages to land a foreign policy coup that has eluded past presidents, it couldn’t come at a worse time for Democrats.

The party is planning to center its midterm campaign message around the numerous scandals engulfing the administration. A successful meeting with Kim, however, would give Trump and the GOP — already encouraged by record-low unemployment and other positive economic indicators — a big morale boost just a few months before the November midterms.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/21/trump-north-korea-summit-democrats-601898
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Dems grit their teeth and cheer for Trump on North Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:16:03 am »
Why would they have to do that?  Unless of course the country doesn't come first.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:18:35 am »
Why would they have to do that?  Unless of course the country doesn't come first.

@driftdiver   Have you no respect for John Kerry.  He just told us America does not come first.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:19:44 am »
@driftdiver   Have you no respect for John Kerry.  He just told us America does not come first.

Well he does have 3 purple hearts
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 02:23:14 am »
   It's obvious the DemonRats have left the 'NT' Train.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 02:37:28 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 09:09:55 am »
What numerous scandals does politico refer to? Do they mean the partisan DNC inspired; Deep State operative implemented; media narrative reinforced; fake, phony, fraudulent Russia, Russia, Russia, Stormy, Stormy, Stormy scandals? That? Oh, Piffle.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 09:21:55 am »
The Dems are doing much more than 'gritting their teeth'. It would not surprise me at all to find out that they are colluding with South Korea, China, Taiwan, Europe, Iran, and anyone else they can drag into it, to either have the summit called off, or at least to shift the credit to China or South Korea or literally anyone else other than Trump.

I am sure from their words and actions that the Dems would much rather see a war in North Korea during Trump's term, than they would see Peace. The Dems will do anything/everything they can possibly do to muck this up for Trump. Maintaining their power, their facade of greatness, means much more to them than human life or world peace. Even if the deaths would be in the tens of millions.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 09:23:13 am »
Well he does have 3 purple hearts

I thought it was 4.  The last one from an unsuccessful fraging attempt.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 10:42:13 am »
No one should be cheering yet -- not until the summit actually takes place and only if Trump  secures a feasible agreement -- one that the Norks will actually abide by.  All this hoopla, including the proposed nomination of Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize, is premature. 

It will be interesting to see how the Dems react should Trump actually be successful.  My guess is it will be on the order of rending their garments or maybe even mass suicide.