Author Topic: New Jersey principal apologizes for 'insensitive' prom tickets that tell students to 'party like it'  (Read 755 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Jersey principal apologizes for 'insensitive' prom tickets that tell students to 'party like it's 1776'

Cherry Hill High School East designed tickets for American Independence theme
    Student body vice president said slogan was meant to be a play on Prince's song
    Principal said he wanted to 'especially apologize to African American students'
    Said ticket didn't 'appreciate that not all communities can celebrate life in 1776'

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 10:34 EDT, 21 May 2018 | Updated: 14:46 EDT, 21 May 2018

Cherry Hill High School East in New Jersey has come under fire for releasing prom tickets with the line 'party like it's 1776'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5753517/Principal-apologizes-prom-tickets-tell-students-party-like-1776.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

What's "insensitive" about it? 

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
What's "insensitive" about it?

@Applewood Ooh, I didn't get it, either.  I'm guessing slavery, no vote for women and non-property owners? 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Applewood Ooh, I didn't get it, either.  I'm guessing slavery, no vote for women and non-property owners?

Yes but, they could get away with an 'Africa' themed prom, even though slavery is rampant all over Africa today, right now, not 200 years ago. And all across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East women are beaten, raped, kidnapped, bought and sold, legally in open markets today, right now. So tell me again how bad America was 200 years ago. I'd really love to hear about it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

This insensitivity argument is an excuse to advance the ultimate goal of eradicating history.  There is an element in this country that wants to keep all of us -- but particularly our young people -- ignorant of history so that the people can be more easily controlled once  a dictatorship takes over.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This insensitivity argument is an excuse to advance the ultimate goal of eradicating history.  There is an element in this country that wants to keep all of us -- but particularly our young people -- ignorant of history so that the people can be more easily controlled once  a dictatorship takes over.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” George Orwell, 1984.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.