Author Topic: If Democrats win the House  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Democrats win the House
« on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »
by Laura Barrón-López
 | May 22, 2018 12:00 AM

It’s January 2019 and President Trump is entering his third year in office. Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House again and one of the first items on the agenda is oversight.

The California Democrat is leading a large House Democratic caucus newly ascendant to the majority after nearly a decade in the wilderness. They want answers. They want to know what Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is doing to public schools, they want to know what Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is doing to public lands, they want to know how EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is spending taxpayer dollars. And most of all, they want to see Trump’s tax returns.

That’s just the beginning. Democrats right now are in a strong position to retake the House in November, and if they succeed, the most effective tool they’ll have to provide a check on Trump is oversight. The Senate is unlikely to flip as Democrats are defending 10 senators in states that Trump won in 2016. In a world where the House is under their control but the Senate and White House are not, there are limits to what the left side of the aisle can accomplish.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/if-democrats-win-the-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: If Democrats win the House
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:06:49 pm »
The Dems are in disarray and want us to be fearful.  They want their lackeys to be even more fearful so they'll send in some money.

Kinda like Rosie O.   Whens she gonna go to jail?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 01:16:45 pm »
The Dems are in disarray and want us to be fearful.  They want their lackeys to be even more fearful so they'll send in some money.

Kinda like Rosie O.   Whens she gonna go to jail?

That she hasn’t means they aren’t in disarray. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 01:20:34 pm »
That she hasn’t means they aren’t in disarray.

@Oceander
That she hasn't means the GOP is in disarray along with the rule of law.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
by Laura Barrón-López
 | May 22, 2018 12:00 AM

It’s January 2019 and President Trump is entering his third year in office. Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House again and one of the first items on the agenda is oversight.

The California Democrat is leading a large House Democratic caucus newly ascendant to the majority after nearly a decade in the wilderness. They want answers. They want to know what Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is doing to public schools, they want to know what Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is doing to public lands, they want to know how EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is spending taxpayer dollars. And most of all, they want to see Trump’s tax returns.

That’s just the beginning. Democrats right now are in a strong position to retake the House in November, and if they succeed, the most effective tool they’ll have to provide a check on Trump is oversight. The Senate is unlikely to flip as Democrats are defending 10 senators in states that Trump won in 2016. In a world where the House is under their control but the Senate and White House are not, there are limits to what the left side of the aisle can accomplish.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/if-democrats-win-the-house

If the Dems win back the House, I don't think it's a certainty that Nancy Pelosi would be elected Speaker. Democrats will likely have to throw her overboard to get independent voters to pull the lever in November.

There's no such thing as a "path for the future" when your party's leadership are all septuagenarians and octogenarians.

I just turned 64...I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but my focus is turning away from professional activities, and to personal health and family matters. I've learned through hard experience that age discrimination is an accepted norm in the business community, and I can now laugh about it.

For example, I'll send a response to idiotic job ads placed by CPAs, where they list desired attributes and qualifications, for the princely wage of $20-$25 an hour. I came up with that "strategy" after being told a couple of times that I wasn't considered a "good fit" for their firms, despite a detailed and well written cover letter that amplified on my experience in the area(s) they were desiring. One of my best years was spent converting a publicly traded corporation's tax program, which included operations in 45 states, several foreign countries, and more than a dozen subsidiaries.

Sorry for going O/T, but the moral of the story is those who don't think sexagenarians are a "good fit" for their companies are more than likely to be nonplussed over voting for even older politicians.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.