Author Topic: What we know about Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the alleged Santa Fe, Texas school shooter  (Read 1333 times)

Offline thackney

What we know about Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the alleged Santa Fe, Texas school shooter
http://kfor.com/2018/05/21/what-we-know-about-dimitrios-pagourtzis-the-alleged-santa-fe-texas-school-shooter/

The teenager accused of carrying out the mass shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas on Friday was known as a quiet student who often wore a trench coat to school.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, is being held on charges of capital murder and aggravated assault of a public servant in relation to the school shooting, authorities said.

Pagourtzis allegedly used a shotgun and a .38 caliber revolver to kill 10 people — eight students and two teachers — and injure 13 others, and he confessed that he acted alone in the shooting, according to a probable cause affidavit....

...Pagourtzis played on the 2016 Santa Fe JV football team and appeared on the 2015-2016 boys freshman football team. He was listed on the Santa Fe Junior High sixth-grade honor roll in 2012....

...“He was kind of a quiet kid,” Gomez said. “Every time you’d try to start a conversation with him he’d just kind of like laugh, wouldn’t really continue on with the conversation. … He didn’t like interacting with other students.”...

...Nicholas Poehl, one of Pagourtzis’ attorneys, said that his client did not appear to have a history of mental health or legal issues.

“At this point, from everything we know, it doesn’t appear like this kid had the kind of warning signs of someone that you would normally associate with someone involved in something like this,” he said....

...Bland said her grandson and Pagourtzis both had an interest in guns and violent video games. Pagourtzis’ mother told Bland her son would stay up all night playing video games, according to Bland.

Bland also said Pagourtzis came from what seemed to her like a strict household, where she said he barely had a social life....

...Pagourtzis told officers he dressed in a trench coat, carried a Remington 870 shotgun and a .38 caliber pistol and shot multiple people “with the intent of killing people,” the affidavit said.

The affidavit said Pagourtzis didn’t shoot students he liked “so he could have his story told.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

...Abbott told reporters the alleged shooter used a shotgun and a revolver that were legally owned by his father.

The shooter was hiding a shotgun underneath a long coat Friday morning when he walked onto the campus, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said at news conference Friday afternoon.

Galveston County Judge Mark Henry told reporters Pagourtzis attempted to use explosive devices but none were functional....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....Pagourtzis has a social media footprint that included an image of a custom T-shirt emblazoned with the words, “BORN TO KILL” posted on Facebook and several images of a black duster jacket with Nazi, communist, fascist and religious symbols...

Not that it matters other than for accuracy, but his jacket didn't have a 'Nazi' symbol on it that some claim. It had a decorative medal that appears to be similar to an iron cross, but it was not a Nazi iron cross (no swastika or other Nazi symbol in it from that era). The Germans (and other countries) used the iron cross as a medal from before WWII to the current day. The one he had most closely resembled the East German medal from the 60s-80s, which would also make it communist.

More than likely, this was just decorative crap from Hot Topic which commonly uses communist symbols on its clothing. I doubt any of that was an indication of any political leaning.

Offline thackney

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/05/20/timeline-of-police-response-to-texas-school-shooting-remains-unclear

Santa Fe High School had conducted active shooter drills, armed police officers patrolled the hallways and students went through a scare in February after a false report of a campus gunman....

....Among the biggest unknowns is when the confrontation began at the high school outside Houston between police and 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, who authorities say opened fire on an art lab with a shotgun and .38 caliber handgun shortly after the first bell Friday morning. Pagourtzis wasn't hit in the attack even though officials have described him engaging in a drawn-out firefight with police....

Offline thackney

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/us/texas-santa-fe-school-shooting/index.html

....The suspect won't face the death penalty if he is convicted. Under Texas law, offenders who are under age 18 and charged with a capital offense face a maximum punishment of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/us/texas-santa-fe-school-shooting/index.html

....The suspect won't face the death penalty if he is convicted. Under Texas law, offenders who are under age 18 and charged with a capital offense face a maximum punishment of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years....
Maybe he will find the love he was looking for in prison, or maybe the justice the victims are looking for.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The teenager accused of carrying out the mass shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas on Friday was known as a quiet student who often wore a trench coat to school.

One of my favorite coats, which I only get to wear about once every three years here in AZ...

I wonder how many idiots look at me and think, "Whoa!  Trenchcoat!!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

One of my favorite coats, which I only get to wear about once every three years here in AZ...

I wonder how many idiots look at me and think, "Whoa!  Trenchcoat!!"

It wasn't "weather appropriate" for this area either most of the year.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not "Weather Appropriate" for me, either.  Only good for when it rains, which is like "never" in Phoenix...it says he had a "Duster?"  Where's the cape?

Nice to know I can carry an AR-15 concealed if I want to.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:13:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Too bad the kid wasn't killed in the shootout.  It would save the tax payers thousands if not more.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

From article:

The Pagourtzis family issued a statement on Saturday extending prayers and condolences to the victims and thanks to first responders.

“We are as shocked and confused as anyone else by these events that occurred,” the statement said. “We are gratified by the public comments made by other Santa Fe High School students that show Dimitri as we know him: a smart, quiet, sweet boy. While we remain mostly in the dark about the specifics of yesterday’s tragedy, what we have learned from media reports seems incompatible with the boy we love.

I don't buy it.  Those closest to him had more ammunition to spot a disturbed young men than any other human.  There had to be tell-tale signs.  The family is culpable of not reporting these signs to authorities.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

@TomSea

...Mr. Pagourtzis had no known confrontations with law enforcement, Mr. Abbott added. “As far as having a criminal history, he has none. His slate is pretty clean.”

In many ways, Mr. Pagourtzis was a part of the Santa Fe community.

He made the honor roll. He played defensive tackle on a school football team that was the pride of the town. His family was involved in the Greek Orthodox Church....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/dimitrios-pagourtzis-gunman-texas-shooting.html

Offline thackney

"Pretty clean"?  Wonder what that means?

Mr. Pagourtzis had no known confrontations with law enforcement, Mr. Abbott added. “As far as having a criminal history, he has none. His slate is pretty clean.”

No criminal history.  But still a male teenager?

I had no criminal history beyond traffic related.  No adult that that knew me well would claim I was perfect.  A few cops knew where I lived and my parents phone number.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Too bad the kid wasn't killed in the shootout.  It would save the tax payers thousands if not more.

Liberal logic demands that not happen because we wouldn't know "why" he did it.

Like I give two hoots to a hollar why some defective nut job malfunctioned. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Here is a universal description of every mass murderer ever.

He was quiet, intelligent, mostly kept to himself. He was great neighbor with few if any friends. I can't believe he did this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here is a universal description of every mass murderer ever.

He was quiet, intelligent, mostly kept to himself. He was great neighbor with few if any friends. I can't believe he did this.

Which begs the question, why aren't we banning anyone who is quiet, intelligent, and keeps to himself?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Which begs the question, why aren't we banning anyone who is quiet, intelligent, and keeps to himself?

Well, I'm safe. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."