Author Topic: Jeff Sessions Is Doing More Than Thoughts and Prayers | National Review  (Read 570 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jeff Sessions Is Doing More Than Thoughts and Prayers | National Review

One of the common complaints of gun control advocates after a high-profile shooting is that Republican politicians offer “thoughts and prayers” (a decent, human response to which nobody ought to have any objection) and then don’t propose any actual policy solutions. Of course, as in many areas, Republicans tend to focus on smaller, targeted solutions rather than big, sweeping, “comprehensive” national strategies to fundamentally re-order the nation, its folkways, and its liberties, and that always looks paltry to liberals eager to start the world anew.

But if you are looking for a Republican who is doing more than just talk about gun violence, you need look no further than our Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. Sessions’ tenure has been a lightning rod for controversies large and small since he was nominated, and I have my share of disagreements with his approach. But on guns, he’s put the vast law enforcement apparatus under his direction to work.

All the gun laws in the world, after all, don’t mean a thing if they are not enforced – and that means stopping people on the street, raiding their homes, and throwing them in jail. Sessions has not backed down from those tasks. Early on in his tenure, Sessions ordered the Justice Department to prosecute more gun crime cases, with immediate results:

Read more at: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/jeff-sessions-gun-law-enforcement-more-than-thoughts-and-prayers/

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Sleepy Sessions is a dream come true.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline RoosGirl

I saw a headline too, he's just hired 300 prosecutors to fight opioids:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jeff-sessions-adds-300-prosecutors-to-fight-opioids-crime-and-immigration-offenses/ar-AAxot9B

Fantastic! 300 more people to help him take assets of people they accuse of drug crimes.  I can't believe anyone would support that, but you go on with your bad self.

Offline goodwithagun

Fantastic! 300 more people to help him take assets of people they accuse of drug crimes.  I can't believe anyone would support that, but you go on with your bad self.

The solution to the war on drugs failure is to throw more money at it. What could go wrong?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

"In another move last month, Sessions proposed a change to drug policy that would limit the amount of opioids companies can manufacture."

Yes, that will do it, take away prescription meds a person needs by stopping them being produced.  That means less meds can be sold so it will look like "they" have solved the drug problem - "see the use has declined."  We won the drug war.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

"In another move last month, Sessions proposed a change to drug policy that would limit the amount of opioids companies can manufacture."

Yes, that will do it, take away prescription meds a person needs by stopping them being produced.  That means less meds can be sold so it will look like "they" have solved the drug problem - "see the use has declined."  We won the drug war.

Absurd.  Now, people will become anxious that the store even has them, so they'll need Xanax on top of the Oxycodone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: