Author Topic: Trump’s Top Economic Adviser Says Amazon Threats Are ‘Not In My Lane’  (Read 9174 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
My My, This thread xcelr8'd quickly!

I love to watch you guys play!  Fascinating!

@Wingnut
Hey it started with Trump being a dictator, its all gravy after that proclamation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
In reply #21 you said "I have Prime so my shipping is free." as a reply to shipping costs.  Implying the shipping is actually free of cost.  Since we're talking about shipping and not personal cost.

And you left out one crucial part.  I pay a yearly fee of $119 to Amazon for free shipping on Prime products.

So no YOU are tragically wrong.  I do pay.  And on things that aren't Prime eligible...I pay either UPS or USPS for whatever shipping cost I can afford at the time.

but you'll whine and cry and say I've taken your "free" comment out of context.    don't worry we all know that you really mean you don't care who pays for the shipping as long as its not on your credit card.

I'm not crying about anything.  I'm simply pointing out the fact you lied and misrepresented what I said.

Par for the course for you these days.

What you think you know what is actually the truth couldn't be farther apart if you tried.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm appalled at the amount of money US Taxpayers subsidize the Hair and Tanning SPRAY in the White House.

Actually, I’d be willing to chip in for a little more to cover that DMZ exposed on the Trudeau visit.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut
Hey it started with Trump being a dictator, its all gravy after that proclamation.

I loved the 'Dear Leader" throw-away line too!   Classy!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

Actually, I’d be willing to chip in for a little more to cover that DMZ exposed on the Trudeau visit.

@edpc
Hey if you want class lets make fun of a 71 yr old guy for his hair.   now thats classy

Offline RoosGirl

I loved the 'Dear Leader" throw-away line too!   Classy!

It's the little details that make thing interesting, or totally send things off the rails, no telling which way things will turn.

Offline RoosGirl

@edpc
Hey if you want class lets make fun of a 71 yr old guy for his hair.   now thats classy

I don't know about everyone else, but for me it's not the hair specifically, it's the mindset of maintaining hair like that.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc

I’m making fun of the ridiculous spray tan line clearly visible near the flying hairline.  I can see why you were distracted, though.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@AbaraXas
So the USPS is losing money but really they are making money.

The Bernie school of finance strikes again.

Without giving you a lesson in Economics 101, the difference is revenue and expense- their revenues off their core services are profitable, they make a loss once expenses hit, specifically the line item when it comes to pre-funding pensions.

They are profiting on their core  business, then the government comes in and essentially takes that profit away through their pension mandate-

The government is causing the end loss, not Amazon (who they are generating revenue on)....

And don't give me the 'Bernie' crap as you and Trump are the ones parroting the exact same lines about USPS as Bernie- a way to deflect from the fact that the government is the problem, not the private sector.

Offline ABX

The post office may be losing money, but Amazon is not to blame

....Packages from the e-commerce world have helped the Postal Service see double-digit increases in revenue. In 2017, USPS reported more than 5.7 billion parcels, which brought in $19.5 billion, or almost 30 percent of USPS’ total annual revenue.
Despite the growth in online shopping, the Postal Service has reported a financial loss for 11 straight years, in part due to a decline in paper mail and costs for employee benefits and pensions.
“If it wasn't for Amazon giving it all of the volume that it does, post office losses would be even greater,” said Satish Jindel, founder of the consulting firm ShipMatrix. For that reason, Jindel said Trump is wrong. He said package delivery from Amazon is a bright spot for the service......

https://www.marketplace.org/2018/04/02/business/truth-squading-trump-s-amazon-tweet-storm

Offline ABX

Congress, Not Amazon, Messed Up the Post Office

Legislators passed a law that made the USPS less competitive with the private sector.

...Then there is the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA), which some have taken to calling "the most insane law" ever passed by Congress. The law requires the Postal Service, which receives no taxpayer subsidies, to prefund its retirees' health benefits up to the year 2056. This is a $5 billion per year cost; it is a requirement that no other entity, private or public, has to make. If that doesn't meet the definition of insanity, I don't know what does. Without this obligation, the Post Office actually turns a profit. Some have called this a "manufactured crisis." It's also significant that lots of companies benefit from a burden that makes the USPS less competitive; these same companies might also would benefit from full USPS privatization, a goal that has been pushed by several conservative think tanks for years.....

....Perhaps it helps to think of the USPS as two separate entities co-existing together: On one side is the congressionally mandated operation that delivers letters everywhere in the country. This is the side that helped knit together the far-flung cities, towns and settlements that defined the U.S. at the time of the nation's founding. The modern innovations of email, texts and the internet helped turn this into a money-losing business.

The other side of the USPS is the parcel-delivery service, which is profitable. It both competes with, and provides services to, private-sector delivery businesses. 
Indeed, both UPS and FedEx contract with USPS to perform so-called last-mile delivery for their rural and most-expensive routes. They leverage the existing infrastructure of USPS to provide services for their client base without having to build that same costly last-mile infrastructure for letters and parcels. Effectively, they arbitrage what would otherwise be low-margin or unprofitable deliveries....

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-04-04/congress-not-amazon-messed-up-the-u-s-postal-service

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Dictator Trump wants to double the amount of Amazon postage; that hurts everyone who needs to, or wants to, buy from Amazon. Dictator Trump through Sessions is going to limit the amount of opioids a company can make so there won't be enough to fill a doctor's prescription - that affects everyone who needs them. This Dictator Trump administration is a dictatorship taking away the freedom of companies to sell their products as they want and the freedom of customers trying to buy those products. Dictator Trump doesn't care about what hurts people - he only cares about himself, as in, "Look at me, I won over the owner of Amazon whom I hate!  Look at me, I won the war against drugs - less prescriptions filled by pharmacies!"  Dictator Trump.

@Victoria33

I'm pissed at Trump about the Opioid business.  I think this "war" against Amazon is just plain stupid.  It's obvious as heck he is just trying to punish Bezos, and he's not going to be successful. For one giant thing, Amazon is developing out their own delivery  I hardly get ANY Amazon shipments by USPS these days.  The customers hat USPS.  Wht they don't ship my AMZL, they ship by USPS.

We had a thread last for a week several months ago, and the conclusion at the time was:  1)  He can't follow through on his threat, 2) Everybody knows it and 3) The real life operation of the business is rendering the whole conversation moot because Amazon is leaving the USPS behind in its dust.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:53:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

I'm pissed at Trump about the Opioid business.  I think this "war" against Amazon is just plain stupid.  It's obvious as heck he is just trying to punish Bezos, and he's not going to be successful. For one giant thing, Amazon is developing out their own delivery  I hardly get ANY Amazon shipments by USPS these days.  The customers hat USPS.  Wht they don't ship my AMZL, they ship by USPS.

We had a thread last for a week several months ago, and the conclusion at the time was:  1)  He can't follow through on his threat, 2) Everybody knows it and 3) The real life operation of the business is rendering the whole conversation moot because Amazon is leaving the USPS behind in its dust.

I get Amazon shipments every other day or two and almost all except a small book or something, come through UPS. Trump will kill the USPS even more if he causes Amazon just to drop that 'last mile' package contract as that is the only thing keeping them even close to floating right now.

Offline WingNot

"Dictator Trump" . "Dear Leader" .

Why don't you guys just go full retard, and call him "Hitler".   I know that you can. Just do it.

Oceander

@AbaraXas
So the USPS is losing money but really they are making money.

The Bernie school of finance strikes again.

Thanks for the tacit admission that you lied about the USPS charging Amazon below cost. 

Offline RoosGirl

"Dictator Trump" . "Dear Leader" .

Why don't you guys just go full retard, and call him "Hitler".   I know that you can. Just do it.

Stop trashing my thread.  Thank you.

Offline WingNot

Stop trashing my thread.  Thank you.

Roos stop stealing my material.  You are like that mexican comic whatshisname.  :)  lol

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Offline driftdiver

Thanks for the tacit admission that you lied about the USPS charging Amazon below cost.

@Oceander
And he does a full belly flop off the cliff

Offline RoosGirl

Roos stop stealing my material.  You are like that mexican comic whatshisname.  :)  lol

whatshisname lopez?  Never heard of him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I get Amazon shipments every other day or two and almost all except a small book or something, come through UPS. Trump will kill the USPS even more if he causes Amazon just to drop that 'last mile' package contract as that is the only thing keeping them even close to floating right now.

I have three arriving today, all by AMZL, Amazon's own courier.  I live in a large Metro (Phoenix), so I imagine it's somewhat different where you are.  But AMZL is building out to smaller cities, and within a year or two you will start seeing AMZL delivering to your door, and UPS everything else.

The customers who have a lot of Amazon experience (you and me) HATE the USPS delivery, I dread seeing the notice come up on Amazon "Shipped With USPS."  My regular mail guy is great, 30+ years on the job, but when packages come in on his weekend they always louse it up.  Perishable items left in the community mailbox was the last offense.  It was over 100F in that mail box, and the shipping carton was labeled in bright fluorescent labels "Perishable."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

whatshisname lopez?  Never heard of him.

I was going to say Milton Berle.  But you would have said

"Who"?
 :smokin:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have three arriving today, all by AMZL, Amazon's own courier.  I live in a large Metro (Phoenix), so I imagine it's somewhat different where you are.  But AMZL is building out to smaller cities, and within a year or two you will start seeing AMZL delivering to your door, and UPS everything else.

The customers who have a lot of Amazon experience (you and me) HATE the USPS delivery, I dread seeing the notice come up on Amazon "Shipped With USPS."  My regular mail guy is great, 30+ years on the job, but when packages come in on his weekend they always louse it up.  Perishable items left in the community mailbox was the last offense.  It was over 100F in that mail box, and the shipping carton was labeled in bright fluorescent labels "Perishable."

@Cyber Liberty when that happens here the Post Office blames it on a temp or substitute delivery person who just happened to be working that day.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline RoosGirl

I was going to say Milton Berle.  But you would have said

"Who"?
 :smokin:

Oh, *that* Mexican comic!   :silly: