Author Topic: Bill Clinton escaping the #MeToo standards and cashing in (again)  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 20, 2018
Bill Clinton escaping the #MeToo standards and cashing in (again)
By Thomas Lifson

For some reason, despite the disgrace and career defenestration visited on other liberal icons like Charlie Rose and Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton is still able to cash in in a big way, and enjoy the company and implicit endorsement of major media companies and personalities. Yesterday, Jennifer Wright put into context the weird immunity granted to him, in the New York Post:

It’s 2018. One of the world’s most powerful married men had a 22-year-old intern perform oral sex on him in his office. He’s been accused of sexual assault by three other women. One claims, as is the case with so many of the men who have fallen from positions of power as a result, that he exposed himself to her (which always makes me, at least, pause and wonder why on earth so many men seem to want to do this). We know, too, that he lied about his tryst with the intern.

So why is Bill Clinton still presiding over glamorous parties? (snip) he’s almost certainly guilty of actions that would be categorized as harassment in 2018. The fact that the Lewinsky affair happened as long ago as 1995 is no matter.

Charlie Rose is accused of harassment by several employees dating back to the late 1990s — and he lost his job in November.

People seem curiously willing to hold Clinton to a different standard than other men accused of sexual harassment. Many don’t seem especially bothered by his actions at all and lay the blame for the scandal squarely on Lewinsky. In a 2014 Economist/YouGov poll, 58 percent of those surveyed had a favorable opinion of Bill Clinton. Meanwhile, 48 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Lewinsky.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/bill_clinton_escaping_the_metoo_standards_and_cashing_in_again.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Bill Clinton escaping the #MeToo standards and cashing in (again)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:45:03 pm »
May 20, 2018
Bill Clinton escaping the #MeToo standards and cashing in (again)
By Thomas Lifson

For some reason, despite the disgrace and career defenestration visited on other liberal icons like Charlie Rose and Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton is still able to cash in in a big way, and enjoy the company and implicit endorsement of major media companies and personalities. Yesterday, Jennifer Wright put into context the weird immunity granted to him, in the New York Post:

It’s 2018. One of the world’s most powerful married men had a 22-year-old intern perform oral sex on him in his office. He’s been accused of sexual assault by three other women. One claims, as is the case with so many of the men who have fallen from positions of power as a result, that he exposed himself to her (which always makes me, at least, pause and wonder why on earth so many men seem to want to do this). We know, too, that he lied about his tryst with the intern.

So why is Bill Clinton still presiding over glamorous parties? (snip) he’s almost certainly guilty of actions that would be categorized as harassment in 2018. The fact that the Lewinsky affair happened as long ago as 1995 is no matter.

Charlie Rose is accused of harassment by several employees dating back to the late 1990s — and he lost his job in November.

People seem curiously willing to hold Clinton to a different standard than other men accused of sexual harassment. Many don’t seem especially bothered by his actions at all and lay the blame for the scandal squarely on Lewinsky. In a 2014 Economist/YouGov poll, 58 percent of those surveyed had a favorable opinion of Bill Clinton. Meanwhile, 48 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Lewinsky.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/bill_clinton_escaping_the_metoo_standards_and_cashing_in_again.html

Both the Clintons seem to have some kind of implied immunity around them. Standards that would either land the rest of us in jail, or at the very least, receive harsh criticism don’t seem to apply to either of them
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:45:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:56:57 pm »
Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others.  Bubba is a perfect example.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:58:33 pm »
Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others.  Bubba is a perfect example.

For Bubba... #MeToo is a verb for participation in a gang bang.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:59:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:13:57 pm »
For Bubba... #MeToo is a verb for participation in a gang bang.

I'm still chuckling about the #(pound)MeToo movement.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.