Author Topic: FDA calls out 39 drug companies for allegedly blocking access to generics  (Read 605 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Johnson & Johnson’s Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Celgene, and Gilead Life Sciences are all potentially blocking generic drug makers from accessing samples of their products, along with three dozen other drug companies — according to new data out Thursday from the FDA intended to publicly shame them for what it calls “gaming tactics.”

The new list, which also includes Novartis, Pfizer, Valeant, and a host of other companies, is part of the Trump administration’s efforts to lower prescription drug prices that kicked off with a presidential address Friday. While broader regulatory and legislative changes must go through a complex and often lengthy process, top health officials have used their bully pulpits this week to call out a number of companies for what they consider bad behavior.

Read more at: https://www.statnews.com/2018/05/17/fda-shames-drug-companies-generics-access/
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

FDA needs to step off.

Offline Frank Cannon

FDA needs to step off.

Well this is all bullshit anyway because the FDA can't do a damn thing about it.

Offline RoosGirl

Well this is all bullshit anyway because the FDA can't do a damn thing about it.

Not exactly.  Sounds like the administration (again) trying to strong arm private companies.  I don't like it.

Offline Frank Cannon

Not exactly.  Sounds like the administration (again) trying to strong arm private companies.  I don't like it.

LOL. One broads strong arming is another dudes who gives a shit.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL. One broads strong arming is another dudes who gives a shit.

Investors' whose stock prices fall because of this shit, like with what happened with Amazon, I bet care a lot.  And I care that the gov't can get away with it.