Author Topic: Trump Is Going Full Alinsky – and His Opponents Are Flummoxed  (Read 258 times)

rangerrebew

May 19, 2018
Trump Is Going Full Alinsky – and His Opponents Are Flummoxed
By Brian C. Joondeph

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is considered a bible to the left, a how-to guide for community organizing and activism.  Barack Obama was an Alinsky protégé before, during, and after his presidency.  Obama used the rules to his advantage, advancing his left-wing agenda.

The left, despite conventional wisdom, has no monopoly on Alinsky's rules.  Instead these rules can be used by the right, also as blueprint for effecting change.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/trump_is_going_full_alinsky__and_his_opponents_are_flummoxed.html#ixzz5G3BxrvmL

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
May 19, 2018
Trump Is Going Full Alinsky – and His Opponents Are Flummoxed
By Brian C. Joondeph

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is considered a bible to the left, a how-to guide for community organizing and activism.  Barack Obama was an Alinsky protégé before, during, and after his presidency.  Obama used the rules to his advantage, advancing his left-wing agenda.

The left, despite conventional wisdom, has no monopoly on Alinsky's rules.  Instead these rules can be used by the right, also as blueprint for effecting change.

No wonder I cannot tell the difference between Trump's acolytes and the rabid Marxists on the Left, they say and do the same exact things, using the same tactics.

I mean if the Left lies and intimidates and ridicules, why shouldn't the 'right'? right?

And then there's this:

The dirty little secret is that Alinsky has little in common with modern leftists.  He would more likely be found at a Tea Party rally wearing a MAGA hat than at a resistance march wearing a pink bleep hat. As Ralph Benko writes, "Alinsky was an aggressively anti-communist, anti-big government, populist with a healthy contempt for liberals." 

Oh REALLLLLLY??????

"The Communists did a hell of a lot of good work; they were in the vanguard of the labor movement and they played an important role in aiding blacks and Okies and Southern sharecroppers...Without the Communists, for example, I doubt the C.I.O. could have won all the battles it did. ...I think the Communists of the Thirties deserve a lot of credit for the struggles they led or participated in. Today the party is just a shadow of the past, but in the Depiession it was a positive force for social change." - Saul Alinsky

Alinsky would make Robespierre blush, and he would have been twice the Terror had Alinsky been able to lead a genocidal movement like that.

But sure, yeah - I guess the author thinks Alinsky would be a Trump supporter and thinks using his tactics is a great idea - because the ends justifies the means - by whatever means one has to use to get there. 

Genocidal madmen and bloodthirsty mobs is what you get with that kind of mentality.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775