Author Topic: Starbucks changes bathroom policy after arrest debacle: Anyone can enter and sit for free  (Read 565 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Starbucks changes bathroom policy after arrest debacle

WASHINGTON (Bloomberg) - Visitors to Starbucks can use the store's bathrooms whether or not they have placed an order as the ubiquitous coffee chain looks to make amends.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision 100 per cent of the time and give people the key," Starbucks Corp. Chairman Howard Schultz said during a Thursday (May 10) afternoon discussion at the Atlantic Council in Washington.

"We don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than. We want you to be more than."

The remarks come as the coffeehouse looks to be more inclusive after the arrest of two black men at a Philadelphia location last month became a flashpoint for the chain. It has since reached a settlement that includes launching a program to support young entrepreneurs, and announced that it would close more than 8,000 company-owned stores on May 29 for anti-bias training.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/starbucks-changes-bathroom-policy-after-arrest-debacle

Mod Note:  Cute.  Really cute, @Wingnut
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:06:16 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Re: Starbucks changes bathroom policy after arrest debacle
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 03:41:45 pm »
There's a Dunkin Donuts right near Starbucks. I think I'll pick up DD and hang out at the latter.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:07:41 pm »
Mod Note:  Cute.  Really cute, @Wingnut
Modify message
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:23:30 PM by MOD3 »

Yes it was if I do say so myself. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

MK ULTRA

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 04:47:12 pm »
Starbucks is set to become one classy homeless shelter. The next thing you know, their leftist 'guilt complex' will have them offering free coffee and food.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/38229965/new-starbucks-policy-no-purchase-needed-to-sit-in-cafes

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »
There's a Dunkin Donuts right near Starbucks. I think I'll pick up DD and hang out at the latter.
@Suppressed

We are taking a long road trip starting on the 22nd, visiting family and should be on the road again on the 29th, likely leaving Pennsylvania, so it will be coffee from McDonald's that day, easy to spot where they are by the golden arches.  I have a
Starbucks gold card so they won't get coffee on my card that day.