Author Topic: Houston police chief sounds off on gun control and mass shootings in the wake of the Santa Fe High S  (Read 356 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Houston police chief sounds off on gun control and mass shootings in the wake of the Santa Fe High School massacre
Bryan Logan

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, center, and Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, far right, join demonstrators during a "March for Our Lives" protest for gun legislation and school safety Saturday, March 24, 2018, in Houston.

Art Acevedo, the chief of police at the Houston Police Department, sounded off on gun rights and mass shootings on Friday night, after a deadly school shooting tore apart another community in Santa Fe, Texas.
    "Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. I'm not ashamed to admit I've shed tears of sadness, pain and anger," Acevedo said in his post.
    The police chief criticized the typical gun-rights drumbeat he hears in the wake of mass shootings like the one in Santa Fe, and the many others before it.
    "I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I've hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue," Acevedo said.

Read more at: http://www.businessinsider.com/houston-police-chief-art-acevedo-on-gun-control-mass-shootings-2018-5

There they go with that stat "100 mass shootings in the US this year", I think they say that's wrong. I heard that on the radio too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
 "Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children "

HPD now has jurisdiction in Santa Fe and Galveston County?

Pfffffffffffff!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.