Author Topic: Schumer rips Trump over ZTE negotiations  (Read 273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer rips Trump over ZTE negotiations
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:08:56 pm »
Schumer rips Trump over ZTE negotiations
By Jordain Carney - 05/22/18 01:00 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday tore into President Trump over reports that the president is nearing a deal to lift a ban on American companies selling components to Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE.

Schumer, during a Senate floor speech, warned that agreeing to the deal would be a "slap on the wrist" for China and a "great defeat" for Trump.

"The art of the deal it should be President Xi who writes the book because he's taken us to the cleaners on ZTE," Schumer said.

"The deal President Trump seems to be making is exactly the kind of deal that Donald Trump, before he was President Trump, would call weak or the worst deal ever," he added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/388820-schumer-rips-trump-over-zte-negotiations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Schumer rips Trump over ZTE negotiations
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:24:03 pm »
"The art of the deal it should be President Xi who writes the book because he's taken us to the cleaners on ZTE," Schumer said.

Wow Chuck. Quite a zinger there. Are you going to do some soft shoe in blackface now to end your performance?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Schumer rips Trump over ZTE negotiations
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 05:25:14 pm »
If Schmucky is agin' it.. it must be a good deal.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:26:08 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."