Author Topic: Science news: Octopuses came to Earth from space as frozen eggs millions of years ago  (Read 839 times)

Offline RoosGirl

OCTOPUSES are “aliens” which evolved on another planet before arriving on Earth hundreds of millions of years ago as “cryopreserved” eggs via a process known as panspermia, radical new research has suggested.

The extraordinary claims were made in a report entitled Cause of Cambrian Explosion – Terrestrial or Cosmic? which was co-authored by a group of 33 scientists and published in the Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology journal.

The paper suggests that the explanation for the sudden flourishing of life during the Cambrian era – often referred to as the Cambrian Explosion – lies in the stars, as a result of the Earth being bombarded by clouds of organic molecules.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/958247/alien-octopuses-cephalopods-earth-outer-space-aliens-cryopreserved-eggs-cambrian-explosion

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Whatever inks your pen.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm having a little bit of trouble with this story.

Offline Suppressed

I'm having a little bit of trouble with this story.

This isn't a new hypothesis. The Hoyle-Wickramasinghe (H-W) thesis of cometary panspermia is old.

The question is the evidence they use to support the idea. It must be beyond mere speculation alone.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

I feel stupider having read this.