Author Topic: WHY TRUMP TWEETS  (Read 2665 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: WHY TRUMP TWEETS
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 07:09:27 am »
EGO

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:15 am »
Biased?  Again, @corbe are you unaware of how this current crop of "journalists"/"reporters" operate?

Kudos to the President for going over them.  And Kudos to the President for continuing to hold his signature rallies.

And kudos to the President for driving this pathetic media to the brink of madness.

Only true if he is believable (which he is not), and if he is not spinning the very same way the media does (which he is)...

Offline Concerned

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 10:39:26 am »
It’s not surprising to me that many (but not all) Trump supporters like the tweets – for them anything he does is defensible if not outright great.  For them, the personal attacks and childish name-calling are not juvenile and beneath the Office of the President, but rather evidence of him fighting back and circumventing the MSM, but for some Trump supporters (like my Dad and my best friend), the childish tweets, the lies, and the chaos are just too much.   I have no doubt this is helping him with much of his base (but anything would – for them, it just doesn’t matter what he does), but is it increasing (or decreasing) the 46.1% of the electorate he got in 2016?  I’ve seen no evidence it’s increasing it (but the economy might), but I can’t see that most of the tweets helping him.  JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »
Do you live under a rock?  Have you not witnessed what our media does to the truth --- the way each word the President says is twisted, taken out of context and distorted?  Seriously, have you no knowledge of this?

Why would a sane man reply on this media to carry his message --- especially when there's another way to get a message out? 

The President shoots over the media's heads and he never fails to reach his target with his unfiltered, untwisted, unfabricated message.

Please, don't force me to explain this to you again.

"force"

Interesting choice of words....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 12:37:07 pm »
EGO

Donald Trump has been tweeting about nine years. Why would he stop tweeting now? Especially since it has proven such a powerful tool in bypassing the enemedia?

Tweet away, Donald!

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 12:41:47 pm »
Dude...
@RoosGirl
Think about it...it would explain her behavior, now wouldn’t it? You got a better one?  Because I’m at a loss how anyone could be so obtuse and lacking in the application of professed principles.  I’m just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt with a plausible explanation.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 12:45:40 pm »
I personally don’t give a rip if he tweets, I think it is an excellent way to get around the media filter and I give him props for finding a way to do that.  That said, he is frequently his own worst enemy and I think he tends to create more problems there than he solves.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:49:58 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:50 pm »
I guess Trump’s rising popularity in the polls in the face of 24/7/365 negative press is proof positive that Trump is his own worst enemy.  *****rollingeyes*****

Give me a break.....

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 12:52:35 pm »
Oh for Pete’s sake...you can’t be so blind as to not realize that he HAS caused issues that did not need to be caused with some of his tweets?!? That’s all I was saying.   Why do you trumpists latch on to EVERY WORD we utter and parse it and find something to bitch about?!?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 12:55:26 pm »
Oh for Pete’s sake...you can’t be so blind as to not realize that he HAS caused issues that did not need to be caused with some of his tweets?!? That’s all I was saying.   Why do you trumpists latch on to EVERY WORD we utter and parse it and find something to bitch about?!?

...only to you and his most intractable critics has he caused “issues.”

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2018, 01:05:55 pm »
...only to you and his most intractable critics has he caused “issues.”
@aligncare
Duly noted...you ARE that blind.  Carry on.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »
@aligncare

I’m intractably supportive of (President) Trump and wholly unconcerned by his combativeness and style of communication. That, I’ll cop to.

The alternative to that is to criticize minutia. And that only aids his powerful and corrupt enemies. That I won’t do. That is pointless and goes against my own self interest: to support a return to constitutional government, which (President) Trump is in the process of doing – if only his natural allies, conservatives, would care enough to help him with.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »
I’m intractably supportive of (President) Trump and wholly unconcerned by his combativeness and style of communication. That, I’ll cop to.

The alternative to that is to criticize minutia. And that only aids his powerful and corrupt enemies. That I won’t do. That is pointless and goes against my own self interest: to support a return to constitutional government, which (President) Trump is in the process of doing – if only his natural allies, conservatives, would care enough to help him with.

The conservatives he said he didn't need??

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2018, 05:14:58 pm »

Yes.  Those Conservatives that Trump's rabid groupies constantly remark are irrelevant, not wanted nor needed - yet somehow are to be blamed if Trump cannot get his agenda through Congress or if the House goes to the Democrats and Trump is impeached. 

It is amazing the power the Trump faithful ascribe to Principled Conservatives they insist are irrelevant and unnecessary for Trump's success - yet how much power we have to hurt Trump seems limitless at the same exact time.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2018, 05:16:23 pm »
It's his way around the media filter and they absolutely hate it!  Which means I love it!

Same here. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 05:19:07 pm »
   Is it time for the FogHat Video 'I just want to make love to you'?

I thought it was John Lee Hooker?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33:53 pm »
I’m intractably supportive of (President) Trump and wholly unconcerned by his combativeness and style of communication.

Yeah and you are totally unconcerned about his signing onto trillions in deficit spending, his remarks about seizing guns first and due process later or picking winners and losers in the private market in order to wage a personal feud.  You are an intractable supporter no matter what Trump says or does.

That is why I contend you are truly no different than the rabid zombies who did likewise for Clinton and Obama.  The only difference is the person you chose and made your political messiah.

The alternative to that is to criticize minutia. And that only aids his powerful and corrupt enemies.

Horseshit.  The supernatural negotiating and deal-making abilities you ascribed to Trump were supposed to overcome any obstacles mere mortals could put in his path remember?

Those of us governed by principles you have discarded,  are declared irrelevant and immaterial in this brave new world post-Trump.  How is criticizing Trump now afforded the power to aid his powerful and corrupt enemies?  I thought we were irrelevant?  Which is it?  Are we irrelevant or powerful enemies of the state?

to support a return to constitutional government, which (President) Trump is in the process of doing

$1.5 Trillion in deficit spending to pay of the entirety of the Democrat agenda while picking corporate winners and losers is hardly any measure of returning to 'Constitutional government'.  Exactly the opposite is happening under Trump and the Republicans.  Exactly the opposite of what you claim.

– if only his natural allies, conservatives, would care enough to help him with.

You repeatedly told us he does not need nor want our help.

Trump was divine and could walk on the waters of divisiveness and build deals and coalitions to govern brightly without us mere annoying enemies of the state.

We're waiting to see if your claims had any merit or if once again you foisted a false prophet on us.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2018, 05:37:16 pm »

More minutiae. Everything he does and says is about bargaining and moving his opposition towards his goals. Until you understand that, everything he says will invariably (apparently) bother you. I can’t help you with that.

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2018, 05:38:35 pm »
Principles:  minutiae
Promises:  minutiae

Making self-deluded fools feel good about themselves:  the only job of a “real” president. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2018, 05:42:23 pm »
More minutiae. Everything he does and says is about bargaining and moving his opposition towards his goals. Until you understand that, everything he says will invariably (apparently) bother you. I can’t help you with that.

If I wanted to guess the real meaning of everything the president said I would have voted for a woman.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 05:46:39 pm »
Principles:  minutiae
Promises:  minutiae

Making self-deluded fools feel good about themselves:  the only job of a “real” president.

Make that your tag line.

It's perfect!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 09:55:00 pm »
Donald Trump has been tweeting about nine years. Why would he stop tweeting now? Especially since it has proven such a powerful tool in bypassing the enemedia?

Tweet away, Donald!
Did I say he should stop? A bit defensive and obsessive are we? I answered the question posed with what I believe, your mileage obviously varies.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 12:59:41 pm »
I thought it was John Lee Hooker?

Actually, Muddy Waters, but you're on the right track.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 01:04:11 pm »
And you?

I give Trump an "A" for innovation, and an "F" for execution.

That poster is right....   He does come off like an idiot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 01:05:31 pm »
@aligncare

I think "brainwashed" is a more apt description.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.