Author Topic: WHY TRUMP TWEETS  (Read 2664 times)

Offline endicom

WHY TRUMP TWEETS
« on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:36 am »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
May 18,2018

When I talk to Trump-haters, invariably the first thing they cite against him is his tweets. And, in truth, they have sometimes been impolitic. But on the whole, I think Twitter has helped him. This Associated Press news story illustrates why.

President Donald Trump’s attorney said Friday the special counsel in the Russia probe has narrowed the scope of potential questions for the president, even as Trump advanced an unverified theory that the Justice Department planted a spy in his 2016 campaign…

It comes from the New York Times, so, yeah, it’s unverified.

…and is now “out to frame him.”

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/05/why-trump-tweets.php

Offline endicom

Re: WHY TRUMP TWEETS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:47 am »
I agree with this. If Trump relied on the news media, Republicans or divine intervention then he'd already be out of there like a Nixon on a water slide.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:52:21 am by endicom »

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 01:35:32 am »
Because he’s an idiot who can’t put together a coherent thought that requires more than 144 characters.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 01:47:10 am »
Because he’s an idiot who can’t put together a coherent thought that requires more than 144 characters.

And you?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 01:49:08 am »
I agree with this. I Trump relied on the news media, Republicans or divine intervention then he'd already be out of there like a Nixon on a water slide.

It's his way around the media filter and they absolutely hate it!  Which means I love it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 01:59:23 am »
And you?

I’m an idiot, of course, because I keep giving people the benefit of the doubt and they keep rewarding me by electing jackasses like Trump, or double jackasses like Obama.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:23 am »
I agree with this. If Trump relied on the news media, Republicans or divine intervention then he'd already be out of there like a Nixon on a water slide.

The problem isn't *that* he tweets.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 02:11:49 am »
The problem isn't *that* he tweets.

Maybe the public has had its fill of duplicitous "statesmen."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 02:26:25 am »

Maybe the public has had its fill of duplicitous "statesmen."

Oh yeah, I get that.  It's just hard to pick between them and raving imbeciles.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 02:57:45 am »
As long as Donny is irritating up tight elitists, he can Twit away.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 03:00:25 am »
   It's just Bizarre to me that having the most powerful position in the World and all it's power he uses Twitter to communicate with his base/constituency. 
   I could read to much into this but I'm already considered a fanatical NT'er who has received PM's from the Mods tonight and I've got almost 48 hours before the next Rockets game. 
   I just can't afford to lose this piece of my Sanity at this time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 03:29:58 am »
   It's just Bizarre to me that having the most powerful position in the World and all it's power he uses Twitter to communicate with his base/constituency.   

Do you live under a rock?  Have you not witnessed what our media does to the truth --- the way each word the President says is twisted, taken out of context and distorted?  Seriously, have you no knowledge of this?

Why would a sane man reply on this media to carry his message --- especially when there's another way to get a message out? 

The President shoots over the media's heads and he never fails to reach his target with his unfiltered, untwisted, unfabricated message.

Please, don't force me to explain this to you again.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:31:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 03:35:22 am »
Do you live under a rock?  Have you not witnessed what our media does to the truth --- the way each word the President says is twisted, taken out of context and distorted?  Seriously, have you no knowledge of this?

Why would a sane man reply on this media to carry his message --- especially when there's another way to get a message out? 

The President shoots over the media's heads and he never fails to reach his target with his unfiltered, untwisted, unfabricated message.

Everyone needs and should use a filter.  Everyone.  Even Frank chooses his words wisely.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 03:40:52 am »

The very last person I would want explaining 'this' to me is you @Right_in_Virginia
   I like you a lot but I think you are Bias, which doesn't make you a bad person. 
   I'm probably just jealous cause I don't do bookface or twitter and I just don't think he's doing enough to reach out to those among us that don't do deep thoughts* in 144 characters or less.

* cause he doesn't have any.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:43:40 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 03:41:32 am »
Everyone needs and should use a filter.  Everyone.  Even Frank chooses his words wisely.

That's BS and you know it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 03:44:36 am »
   That's BS and you know it.

Not at all.  I suspect Frank is very careful with his words and if he said what he wanted to say would end up on a lot of timeouts.  Since I never notice that he's gone for extended periods I'm guessing his filter is working fairly well for him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 03:49:24 am »
   The very last person I would want explaining 'this' to me is you @Right_in_Virginia
   I like you a lot but I think you are Bias, which doesn't make you a bad person. 

Biased?  Again, @corbe are you unaware of how this current crop of "journalists"/"reporters" operate?

Kudos to the President for going over them.  And Kudos to the President for continuing to hold his signature rallies.

And kudos to the President for driving this pathetic media to the brink of madness.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:51:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 03:49:34 am »
   That is very true @RoosGirl

As provocative and knowledgeable as Frank is, on a broad range of subjects, I wouldn't trade him for anything. 
   Besides him, Wingy and the Mods are my only foil here. 

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 03:59:05 am »
Biased?  Again, @corbe are you unaware of how this current crop of "journalists"/"reporters" operate?

Kudos to the President for going over them.  And Kudos to the President for continuing to hold his signature rallies.

@Right_in_Virginia you probably haven't noticed and more likely don't care but I'm coming around, with each passing week, to accepting this Presidency and his results.  I'm just a little slower than you Trumpers, I've never Hated the guy, just didn't think he was the correct answer to the question of 'After obummer, What now?'.

I would readily admit that perhaps it's my Bias against Trump that makes me question his desire to use twitterpit, where questions are null and void instead of the Bully Pulpit inherent in his Office.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:00 am »

And kudos to the President for driving this pathetic media to the brink of madness.

And kudos to him for being just so, so dreamy, right?  I mean with his large hands and all.   Just admit it @Right_in_Virginia ...you wanna be the next mistress don’t you? Or you’re just REALLY jealous of whoever the next one is gonna be.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:03:16 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 04:07:44 am »
   I skipped over the Rallies part because I remember when we always accused obummer of campaigning all the time.

AFFIRMATION

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 04:09:37 am »
And kudos to him for being just so, so dreamy, right?  I mean with his large hands and all.   Just admit it @Right_in_Virginia ...you wanna be the next mistress don’t you? Or you’re just REALLY jealous of whoever the next one is gonna be.

Dude...

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 04:12:28 am »
   Is it time for the FogHat Video 'I just want to make love to you'?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 04:14:38 am »
   Is it time for the FogHat Video 'I just want to make love to you'?

Better than hogfat and the same title.

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 04:29:19 am »
   It's after midnight on the East Coast (maybe safe to post this) I think @Axeslinger was just calling RiV out to play.

! No longer available