Author Topic: Parkland father calls out Trump, McConnell, Ryan after Santa Fe shooting  (Read 4672 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parkland father calls out Trump, McConnell, Ryan after Santa Fe shooting
By Max Greenwood - 05/18/18 06:08 PM EDT

The father of a student killed in the Feb. 14 shooting in Parkland, Fla., took Republican leaders in Washington on task on Friday, as the nation grappled with a deadly school shooting in Texas.

Speaking by phone to MSNBC, Fred Guttenberg accused President Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) of embracing the National Rifle Association (NRA) and pushing school safety to the wayside.

"We have a president who stands up and embraces a gun lobby, the NRA, and says you should actually feel good about them," Guttenberg said of Trump, who spoke at the NRA's annual national meeting earlier this month. "We have Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan who sit on their you-know-what and have no spine and won't even talk about this, and it keeps happening."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/388404-parkland-father-calls-out-trump-mcconnell-ryan-after-santa-fe-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Parkland father, events have passed you by.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I haven't decided what to think yet.  I have yet to hear from young Mr. Hogg about this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

I haven't decided what to think yet.  I have yet to hear from young Mr. Hogg about this.

No worries.  Piggy Boy weighed in before the bodies were cold:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,316647.0.html

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Republicans are the ONLY ones actually proposing things to improve school safety, such as funding for security guards and metal detectors.

All the Dems want to do is exploit these senseless killings to advance a political agenda.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LottieDah

Where were all the "concerned" Democrats after the Sandy Hook shooting?  Did anyone call out Obama?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Everything the kid did in Santa Fe was already illegal - underage, sawed-off shot gun, gun free zone, etc. What laws would have stopped him.

Meanwhile, cell phones and driving kill far more teens per year, yet no one is wanting to ban them. The last time I checked, dead is dead.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Everything the kid did in Santa Fe was already illegal - underage, sawed-off shot gun, gun free zone, etc. What laws would have stopped him.

Meanwhile, cell phones and driving kill far more teens per year, yet no one is wanting to ban them. The last time I checked, dead is dead.

Dead through your own foreseeable negligence is not the same as dead through someone else’s violent intent. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Bleh. This guy can get bent. Not one mention that there were 68 entrances to the school that were not controlled.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In the immediate aftermath of this, I have not heard one word of criticism or blame of the NRA or DC from the locals.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:55:04 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Sooey! Sooey, come on little  Hoggette Sooeeeeeeeey!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline darroll

This won't stop until they quit enjoying watching bullying in our schools.
They drive the victim nuts and he/she will use any means to get even.
Tell the teacher? Then the teacher gets a good laugh.
Get the DOE out of our schools.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Dead through your own foreseeable negligence is not the same as dead through someone else’s violent intent.

If you are interested in saving lives, then dead is dead. The legal distinctions between them are irrelevant. Yet the Left chooses to politically ignore one in favor of the other, because one aligns with their agenda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

This won't stop until they quit enjoying watching bullying in our schools.  They drive the victim nuts and he/she will use any means to get even.  Tell the teacher? Then the teacher gets a good laugh.  Get the DOE out of our schools.

Actually, people need to accept the fact the world doesn’t give a damn about your esteem issues, so why let them affect it?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In the immediate aftermath of this, I have not heard one word of criticism or blame of the NRA or DC from the locals.
I was reading something from the WaPo (it popped up on another site) about it. They were shocked(!) that they couldn't find any David Hoggs or Emma Gonzaleses in Santa Fe. Almost everyone blamed the lack of God. Nobody blamed the NRA or the guns.

It is (almost) as if certain elements in Parkland deliberately used the tragedy as a soapbox to further their preexisting agendas and lust for fame and influence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

Sinead O'Connor Gonzalez  has been silent too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Sinead O'Connor Gonzalez  has been silent too.

Glad to see that dude finally STHU.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Weird backdrop makes her look like sad Miguel Mouse.

Offline WingNot

Weird backdrop makes her look like sad Miguel Mouse.

I see her future....

Offline thackney

@Free Vulcan

Do you have a link for the shotgun being sawed-off?  I've searched for and not found that information.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:07:13 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@edpc that's because the dreaded "assault" weapon wasn't used in this attack.

It's given them a bit of brain freeze.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

The new meme being pushed is" More HS students have been killed so far this year than Military personnel in the ME.

Offline GrouchoTex

It didn't last.

Houston Police Chief has said he's "hit rock bottom" on the gun rights argument.

Quote from Chief Art Acevado:

"I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn't instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him".

Offline edpc

The new meme being pushed is" More HS students have been killed so far this year than Military personnel in the ME.

Are they suggesting more casualties to make things fair?

Offline Just_Victor

@Free Vulcan

Do you have a link for the shotgun being sawed-off?  I've searched for and not found that information.

I saw a news report that quoted a student calling the shot gun, "sawed off."  I have not seen that confirmed anywhere.  It looks like that report has been scrubbed.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.