Author Topic: Trump to Cut Planned Parenthood Funding, Administration Will Announce Friday  (Read 854 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-mccormack/trump-to-cut-planned-parenthood-funding-administration-will-announce-friday

The executive action is based on a 1988 Reagan regulation, but can't eliminate most of Planned Parenthood's federal funding.
On Friday, the Trump administration will announce a proposed rule to cut taxpayer funding to abortionists like Planned Parenthood under Title X, a program that provides $260 million annually in federal funding for contraception and other “family planning” initiatives.

“The proposal would require a bright line of physical as well as financial separation between Title X programs and any program (or facility) where abortion is performed, supported, or referred for as a method of family planning,” a Trump administration official tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email.

The 1970 law establishing Title X states: “None of the funds appropriated under this title shall be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning.” But in the 1970s and 1980s, the law was interpreted to allow Title X programs to refer patients for abortions, be co-located with abortion clinics, and lobby for pro-abortion policies—so long as federal dollars did not directly fund abortions. In 1988, President Reagan's secretary of Health and Human Services issued regulations to end these practices that blurred the line between funding contraception and promoting abortion.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Good....so on top of that money they, PP, get every year per the Federal Budget,  it sounds like they got this other as well apparently through Title X. I didn't know that. That's why PP is a bit of a racket as well.

Offline aligncare

Offline TomSea

I've heard Medicaid can fund abortions. Maybe this is from that.

https://www.heritage.org/social-security/report/medicaid-funding-abortion-setting-the-record-straight

It sounds different, medicaid funding sounds like Title XIX. I'm sure it would be something for research.

Offline TomSea

Good posting. Unsurprisingly, when Trump does good for the pro-life movement, one doesn't seem to see the ones who are so quick to criticize per the pro-life issue.

Offline aligncare

The pro life stance is the defining issue of our republic: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The pro life stance is the defining issue of our republic: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

@aligncare   Totally agree.  I'll never forget the look my Bible class teacher gave me when I told him I was pro-life.  I told him that the rampant culture of abortion weakened the moral fiber of our country. 

You could not fake the look of total astonishment he gave me.  It had never occurred to him that anyone could have such odd notions.

Episcopal Church Bible class, of course.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

Unlike the Reagan regulation, the proposal will not prohibit counseling for clients about abortion . . .

Why not? Why is Trump leaving this in?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

"Unlike the Reagan regulation, the proposal will not prohibit counseling for clients about abortion . . ."

I don't know what this means, maybe this is a plus, maybe a counselor can advise against abortion.

Offline TomSea

Let's revisit this, the House passed a bill defunding planned parenthood which Trump said he'd sign, the Senate could not get it done, the budget funding it was passed so the Government wouldn't be shut down, indeed, hard choices.

Funny how those so critical of all of that, are not to be found with this most recent action.

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
It will have to do until Planned Parenthood can be purged entirely.  22222frying pan

Offline RoosGirl

Let's revisit this, the House passed a bill defunding planned parenthood which Trump said he'd sign, the Senate could not get it done, the budget funding it was passed so the Government wouldn't be shut down, indeed, hard choices.

Funny how those so critical of all of that, are not to be found with this most recent action.

First of all, why do you give a flying bleep what they think?  Second of all, almost every time members who are critical of Trump chime in to say "well done" it turns into a shit storm and them being told that it's too late for them to support Trump and their positive comments are not wanted.

Maybe you should focus more on convincing the few members here who have no problem with abortion that it is actually a despicable thing.

Silver Pines

@TomSea

Well, I'm right here saying it's great, and way to go, Trump.  I love it.

But why are you sitting by your computer waiting for people to praise Trump?  Does that seem, uh...well, like something well-adjusted people do?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't think I'm one of "those people," but I'm waiting to see how the Hawaiian Judges decide before I go popping Champagne corks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

Proposal, Schomosal, we have all heard this crap before, it's probably just some more Red Meat for the Midterms.  Do not disregard what your pappy use to say 'Money talks, BS walks'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.