Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18920 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2018, 12:06:43 am »
Breaking into the usual discussion on psychosis, psychology and so forth, I watched Senator Cruz say "evil has shown its face again"; I honestly think there might be something to that. Texas, a very Christian state, may be under an attack from evil. I've heard it said, Mexico has been under a demonic attack as well, I state that only to show another situation, not saying they are alike in this case.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2018, 12:07:22 am »
Puppies not Prozac!

(Sorrry. This story is so heartbreaking I really need a doggy or kitty hug)

Maybe these school shooters need the love of an animal to make them appreciate life. I get being s teenager sucks. I was bullied bad, too.  I just had hope if I held on, it would get better once I left HS. ANd it did.

I often wonder if my dad had a gun, could I do that to my bully? No. Because murder is wrong, and he was a jerk. I didn't want to ruin my life by going to jail. And if you believe in karma, he eventually got his, though it didn't happen til he was in his 50s.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2018, 12:08:03 am »
I'm sure it was stated, guy got his dad's guns.  Maybe we will see legislation to finally hold parents accountable though, it might be constitutionally challenged.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2018, 12:14:24 am »
I'm betting that there was an adult or some group involved in this attack. A coordinated attack like this, with explosives and small arms is not something a wacko 17 year old would usually do. Kids normally are impulsive and running on emotion. This was far from an 'impulse' attack. It was not emotional. It sounds more like a planned 'operation'.

This was meticulously planned likely for months in advance. I doubt the kid was the sole mastermind in setting all this up. Somebody or some group helped him, guided him, and sent him in there to do what he did.
Shotgun, rifle, multiple explosive devices? That's a lot of gear to lug along for a kid. I agree, this was likely planned well in advance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2018, 12:19:47 am »
It's amazing.  Many people who die from bacterial pneumonia in the hospital are being given antibiotics.

It's vitally important that when someone has a mental illness that we don't treat him!
It was discussed on another thread that when people taking antipsychotic meds start feeling better, they often stop taking the meds because they 'feel fine'. Some of these medications are at their worst for side effects when stopped without supervision.

Homicidal and suicidal ideation are well enough documented effects in some cases, and should be monitored for, but then, the patient who was feeling good won't seek medical help. .

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2018, 12:26:57 am »
I'm sure it was stated, guy got his dad's guns.  Maybe we will see legislation to finally hold parents accountable though, it might be constitutionally challenged.

He was 17, so it was not illegal for him to have access to his father's weapons.

Under Texas law, if a child under 17 years of age gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm (i.e., loaded with ammunition, whether or not a round is in the chamber), a person is criminally liable if he or she, “with criminal negligence:”

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/child-access-prevention-in-texas/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2018, 12:36:42 am »
Some of you here would know the politics of this area better, but I doubt they're similar to Broward County, FL.  Nevertheless, the Parkland folks are gearing up to pile on in the wake of this tragedy.  Here's a sample of what you can expect.

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:02 am »
:amen:

The vast majority of those being prescribed some sort of psychotropic medication from a professional will live their whole lives without harming anyone. Including my own son who is  on the autism spectrun. We defend gun owners by saying the same thing.  The true culprit is no moral compass and no fear of being put in front of the Ultimate Judge. Then you have wanting fame at any cost, which these unpopular loaners are suscetable too.

:thumbsup:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:43 am »
At our local schools, there is only one door you can enter by, and you have to be buzzed in.  I find it incomprehensible that in this day and age there would be an open, unattended door.  If that was the case.
@Saguine
@mystery-ak

I heard Governor Abbott address this.  He said there should be one way in and out.  I expect all Texas schools will start that fast.  This Santa Fe school had numerous unlocked doors in and out.

We have a family member who lives in Ohio and his daughter is graduating this year.  This family member said there is one way in their high school with a guard who checks everyone going in.  The students and teacher at Santa Fe would be alive if Santa Fe had been this way.

This is what I am sure has to happen to keep students safe - there is no way to take every gun in the state and smash it; therefore bad people can get a gun one way or another.  That means the buildings have to be safe to stop this.  Courthouses have guards to check everyone who goes into a courthouse.  Do this with schools and the killing stops.  All this yelling to get rid of guns won't work.  Supervising entry to buildings does work.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2018, 12:57:05 am »
I heard Governor Abbott address this.  He said there should be one way in and out.

I hope he really didn't mean that.  You should have one secure entry and multiple one way door exits.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2018, 01:00:22 am »
We spend so much time talking about this, especially the HS shootings, I was just thinking of that topic and this forum this past Monday/Tuesday afternoon while out. I was thinking of how we had not had one, a real one, for a spell.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2018, 01:01:12 am »
Puppies not Prozac!

(Sorrry. This story is so heartbreaking I really need a doggy or kitty hug)

Maybe these school shooters need the love of an animal to make them appreciate life. I get being s teenager sucks. I was bullied bad, too.  I just had hope if I held on, it would get better once I left HS. ANd it did.

I often wonder if my dad had a gun, could I do that to my bully? No. Because murder is wrong, and he was a jerk. I didn't want to ruin my life by going to jail. And if you believe in karma, he eventually got his, though it didn't happen til he was in his 50s.

Some of these school shooters torture and kill animals like Cruz at Parkland.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:39 am »

I hope he really didn't mean that.  You should have one secure entry and multiple one way door exits.

Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2018, 01:05:20 am »
Absolutely!

Our guv should be able to get one "Trump-ism"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2018, 01:26:13 am »
Some of these school shooters torture and kill animals like Cruz at Parkland.

I'm looking at your avatar @austingirl and I'm going to cry,,

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2018, 01:27:24 am »
@Saguine
@mystery-ak

I heard Governor Abbott address this.  He said there should be one way in and out.  I expect all Texas schools will start that fast.  This Santa Fe school had numerous unlocked doors in and out.

We have a family member who lives in Ohio and his daughter is graduating this year.  This family member said there is one way in their high school with a guard who checks everyone going in.  The students and teacher at Santa Fe would be alive if Santa Fe had been this way.

This is what I am sure has to happen to keep students safe - there is no way to take every gun in the state and smash it; therefore bad people can get a gun one way or another.  That means the buildings have to be safe to stop this.  Courthouses have guards to check everyone who goes into a courthouse.  Do this with schools and the killing stops.  All this yelling to get rid of guns won't work.  Supervising entry to buildings does work.

I adore you @Victoria33

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2018, 01:28:05 am »
Breaking into the usual discussion on psychosis, psychology and so forth, I watched Senator Cruz say "evil has shown its face again"; I honestly think there might be something to that. Texas, a very Christian state, may be under an attack from evil. I've heard it said, Mexico has been under a demonic attack as well, I state that only to show another situation, not saying they are alike in this case.

For this "NT"  I'd say, its not about partisan politics but the recognition of the evil that has pervaded itself throughout American culture and most recently in the form of the current occupant of the WH.

Part of this is the war on guns, I don't own a single weapon...... and I'd advise everyone  not to.... :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:36:24 am by montanajoe »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2018, 01:38:42 am »
The knee-jerk reaction to reject prayer (note the condolence statements from the Democrats, for example. All quite disturbingly omit any mention of prayer) is likely making it worse. Call it superstition, call it what you will, but rejecting God will invariably get you Satan.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2018, 01:44:12 am »

@edpc

Abbott didn't mean to have less doors. There would be as many doors as there are now; the principle/asst. principal, other school officers can push a button and the doors are unlocked for people to get out. There are ways to automatically open all doors for emergency exit.   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:51:33 am by Victoria33 »

Offline berdie

« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2018, 01:55:49 am »
I keep trying to understand why these kids are doing this. Reading this thread...I think it's a combination of things mentioned. I would like to sit them down before the EVENT and just tell them...you won't even remember these people in a couple of years.

Listening to the kids that were interviewed today...they all were calm. How crazy and sad is that.

I have always said my timing was lousy.  But maybe not. Growing up I was never afraid to go to school, church, the movies the mall.

Our poor children. :0001:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2018, 02:00:14 am »
@edpc

Abbott didn't mean to have less doors. There would be as many doors as there are now; the principle/asst. principal, other school officers can push a button and the doors are unlocked for people to get out. There are ways to automatically open all doors for emergency exit.
There is also a fire safety consideration, there. Easy enough to make a door open from the inside, and not from the outside (without a key). Many fire doors have alarms, too.

My first High School was a 1200 student school, during race riots in MD, all but the front doors were chained and locked shut. If even one of the numerous bomb threats which were called in had been real, it could have been a slaughter, especially with multiple devices. Thankfully, they were primarily 'day off' devices, rather than explosives.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:33 am »
No, that's not what I meant.  I was reacting to the poster who claims that all psychotropic drugs are evil, and it's a plot by big pharma, and that's what is causing this plague of shooting.  I was only commenting that meds are appropriate and helpful - and sometimes necessary.

I love you too!

Well, if we are voting for people's posts, I will vote for @Sanguine 's for always being even-keel and reasonable and heartfelt.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:50 am »
I keep trying to understand why these kids are doing this. Reading this thread...I think it's a combination of things mentioned. I would like to sit them down before the EVENT and just tell them...you won't even remember these people in a couple of years.

Listening to the kids that were interviewed today...they all were calm. How crazy and sad is that.

I have always said my timing was lousy.  But maybe not. Growing up I was never afraid to go to school, church, the movies the mall.

Our poor children. :0001:
We grew up in an age when murderers go the chair or the gas chamber. The very thought of randomly killing people outside a wartime context (and that not so random), was simply not present except in the sickest of minds.

But then, too, we prayed in school, and were familiar enough with pain from the occasional fistfight to express our grievances directly with those we had problems with--and even if we lost, we gained respect for facing up to those who gave us grief. There were standards of simple decency which made some acts unspeakable.

God, guts (facing the bully), self-respect, are off the table, and this mess is what is left.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2018, 02:14:58 am »
=.

God, guts (facing the bully), self-respect, are off the table, and this mess is what is left.
[/quote]

I agree...but I don't know if there is a way to fix it. Probably not, I fear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2018, 02:17:41 am »
=.

I agree...but I don't know if there is a way to fix it. Probably not, I fear.

Three generations now of welfare queens say you're exactly right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien