Author Topic: Save 'The Expanse'! Fans, Celebs (and Even an Astronaut) Rally Behind Canceled Show  (Read 818 times)

Offline kevindavis007

After the show's cancellation on the Syfy channel last week, fans of the solar-system-spanning adventure "The Expanse" have rallied, encouraging Amazon and Netflix to pick up the show and garnering support from cast members and celebrities.

The show is fully produced and financed by Alcon Television Group, with Syfy given first-run airing rights in the U.S. American viewers can stream the series on Amazon Prime, whereas Netflix has the show's international rights, according to Deadline.com.

Any of those networks could provide a potential home for Season 4 of the series, so fans have targeted all of them with their campaign — even hiring a plane to fly a "Save the Expanse" banner over Amazon Studios in California for 4 hours yesterday (May 15)

Read More: https://www.space.com/40608-fans-fight-to-save-the-expanse.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DB

I've stopped watching SyFy shows since I've been burned repeatedly by them. Cancelling the good ones that finally start to get interesting that I invested a lot time in to follow. I won't start what they won't finish properly. Lost Room was really good - and suddenly ended unfinished. Stargate Universe was finally getting interesting when it ended unfinished.

The idiots who cancelled Firefly on Fox should have been banned from the business.

Offline Frank Cannon

Geez. I didn't know SciFi was still on the air till this article came along.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Would they really be science fiction fans if they DIDN'T protest a show's cancellation? It's a reflexive action for them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024