Author Topic: Male Professor Faces Discipline for Telling a Female Professor a Joke  (Read 996 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Last month, a King’s College professor told a harmless joke on an elevator during an International Studies Association conference — and now, he’s facing disciplinary charges.

According to an article in The Chronicle of Higher Education, Professor Richard Ned Lebow was on a crowded elevator when Simona Sharoni, a professor of gender studies at Merrimack College, asked him what floor he needed, and Lebow jokingly answered, “ladies’ lingerie.”

Seems harmless, right? At the very least, nothing to write home about, right? Apparently not. Sharoni got so offended by the joke that she filed a complaint with the International Studies Association. “I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that we froze and didn’t confront him,” she wrote in the complaint.

It gets worse: ISA actually determined that Lebow’s joke had violated the group’s code of conduct.

After finding out he was under investigation, Lebow attempted to resolve the matter himself — adult-to-adult and bureaucracy-free — by writing to Sharoni. He didn’t exactly apologize but he did insist that he “certainly had no desire to insult women or to make you feel uncomfortable,” adding that what he had said was simply a “standard gag line” that he’d heard often when he was young in the 1950s.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/richard-ned-lebow-joke-professor-simona-sharoni-discipline/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

Such a stupid accusation. 

Offline Suppressed

According to Wikipedia, the aggrieved Simona Sharoni "holds a Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution from George Mason University."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online goatprairie

According to Wikipedia, the aggrieved Simona Sharoni "holds a Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution from George Mason University."
I'll bet she's a load of laughs at parties.  :thud:

Offline Suppressed

I'll bet she's a load of laughs at parties.  :thud:

She's a pathetic, nasty, anti-Israel feminazi.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online goatprairie

This trollette Simoni is also a leading figure in the BDS movement which wants to punish Israel for existing.

Offline the_doc

Like most liberals, she PICKS FIGHTS.  Everything offends her. 

Offline WingNot

People like this perpetually offended Jew hating bulldyke need to be told to STFU.  I would wish the prof refuses to apologize to this troglodyte.

Offline Suppressed

I would wish the prof refuses to apologize to this troglodyke.

FTFY

+++++++++

Offline WingNot

FTFY

Perfect correction of my spelling!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, I was expecting some off-color x Rated variety joke.  99.99% of people would have normally laughed and enjoyed.  To this .01% bitch.....  FU
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The headline is total garbage nonsense. He did not, "tell a joke". That is just a 'quip'.
And he did not tell it to a female professor. He said it outloud in general on an elevator.

The real charge here is that he said a quip which has been said a million times on television outloud within her ability to hear it. It is clear that she is the one with the problem, not him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The headline is total garbage nonsense. He did not, "tell a joke". That is just a 'quip'.
And he did not tell it to a female professor. He said it outloud in general on an elevator.

The real charge here is that he said a quip which has been said a million times on television outloud within her ability to hear it. It is clear that she is the one with the problem, not him.

If we could get her email address, I think some well intentioned briefers could explain what a real off color joke sounds like.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Bea Arthur?

Too bad she isn't.  Maude's been dead nearly 10 years.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'd go right after her for taking an innocent joke and sexualizing it, and creating a hostile environment.
The Republic is lost.