Author Topic: 5 Things Most Men Have to Learn the Hard Way in Life  (Read 9744 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 5 Things Most Men Have to Learn the Hard Way in Life
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 12:34:18 am »
To add to that: Any redneck boy can tell you - Mythbusters LIED. If you whiz on an electric fence, you WILL know you did it.
QFT! (They are overly hydrated if they didn't get a charge out of that!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 12:41:10 am »

This redneck did the next worst thing at about age 7.  I spit on the electric fence, and got a jolt I'll never forget.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 12:44:25 am »
This redneck did the next worst thing at about age 7.  I spit on the electric fence, and got a jolt I'll never forget.
Almost as much fun as getting the new kid to put their tongue on the flagpole in winter here....

You're supposed to get cleaner separation when you spit, though.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:39 am »

You're supposed to get cleaner separation when you spit, though.

You'd think, but  it was one of those slimy drizzling spits.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:35 am »

Maybe the worst thing I ever did was talk this elementary school kid who wouldn't stay where he belonged into wizzing on the sparkplug of my buddy's running Cushman Eagle.  I'll bet that kid never had any children.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 01:15:10 am »
Put the plug back in before the boat goes in the water.

Been there, done that... TWICE. One time, found the plug (it was on a chain), the other time the plug was gone... You can screw a watermelon rind in there and it will get you home...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 01:17:17 am »
Been there, done that... TWICE. One time, found the plug (it was on a chain), the other time the plug was gone... You can screw a watermelon rind in there and it will get you home...

I've been there as well.  Good thing my boat had enough foam in it to get me back to the boat ramp.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 01:18:09 am »
Maybe the worst thing I ever did was talk this elementary school kid who wouldn't stay where he belonged into wizzing on the sparkplug of my buddy's running Cushman Eagle.  I'll bet that kid never had any children.

ROTFLMAO!!!

I worked at a gas station for a spell... favorite trick there for after hours was to hook a model A coil to the urinal cake with piano wire...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 04:22:40 am »
ROTFLMAO!!!

I worked at a gas station for a spell... favorite trick there for after hours was to hook a model A coil to the urinal cake with piano wire...
Someone wired up a toilet that way when I was in college, just in time for the beer drinking party.... :whistle:

I never knew guys could howl that high.... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 04:44:11 am »
No, it doesn't.

If anything, it gets worse each time because you realize that every rejection pushes you closer and closer to the real possibility that you may never find the right person in time to have healthy children. Repeated rejection without any success is incredibly scarring.
@jmyrlefuller

You might find this interesting, especially toward the end (3:21).

! No longer available
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 07:17:12 am »
Someone wired up a toilet that way when I was in college, just in time for the beer drinking party.... :whistle:

I never knew guys could howl that high.... :shrug:

Had a new feller showing up at the gas station after work... Did that trick on him... He screamed like a woman, ran out with his pants around his ankles and fell in the alley... peeing all over ... screaming and crying, and carrying on... But worst of all, he was discovered wearing ladies panties that day... He moved away shortly thereafter... It was all in fun, but that's the sort of thing he'd never live down...  :shrug: :whistle:  **nononono*

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 07:29:20 am »
Had a new feller showing up at the gas station after work... Did that trick on him... He screamed like a woman, ran out with his pants around his ankles and fell in the alley... peeing all over ... screaming and crying, and carrying on... But worst of all, he was discovered wearing ladies panties that day... He moved away shortly thereafter... It was all in fun, but that's the sort of thing he'd never live down...  :shrug: :whistle: **nononono*

While aboard ship we had a new recruit show up. Pantsing was going on at the time so, of course, someone did it to the new guy. With pulling his pants down they caught his underwear as well. Oh My! Turns out the guy had some kind of micro penis. It was as big as the tip of your pinky. Well, ...uh...sorry dude. We were all more embarrassed than he was. Like you said, he could never live that down. Not that anyone ever talked about it...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 07:38:54 am »
Not that anyone ever talked about it...

Yeah riiiight... That'll get him a nickname that is impossible to live with... All he can do is go away and hope for better elsewhere... But that ain't easy anymore, because internet.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2018, 08:49:53 am »
Had a new feller showing up at the gas station after work... Did that trick on him... He screamed like a woman, ran out with his pants around his ankles and fell in the alley... peeing all over ... screaming and crying, and carrying on... But worst of all, he was discovered wearing ladies panties that day... He moved away shortly thereafter... It was all in fun, but that's the sort of thing he'd never live down...  :shrug: :whistle:  **nononono*
Well, there was a short while in the mid 70s that wimmmen were trying to sell guys on bikini skivvies.

A guy I worked with in the steel plant was walking around all day with the expression of someone being tortured on his face. Finally, he reached into the front of his britches and with a rip pulled out what looked like women's skivvies. Obviously relieved, he explained his wife had bought them for him as a birthday present and he'd finally agreed to try wearing them. He said "Never again". She was a real cute and sweet little gal, but I seriously doubt even she would have been able to talk me into such self-torture.

Of course, anyone who was 'discovered' in an alley peeing all over and screaming like a girl would forfeit the opportunity for redemption he had invoked.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2018, 08:52:33 am »
I have always found my best friends in low places>

@Wingnut
Just one of those things...  :shrug:

! No longer available

Nice to see you made it home :)  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 01:27:53 pm »
1: Women will lie to you.

2:Women will lie about you.

3:Women can't be trusted unless they are in a coma. Even then you have to watch them.

4:Women will steal everything of yours they can get their hands on,and more if they can steal enough of your money to hire a lawyer.

5: Did I mention that women will lie to you?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:31:22 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2018, 02:23:30 pm »
Put the plug back in before the boat goes in the water.
That doesn't mean the one to the toaster.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2018, 02:39:25 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

You might find this interesting, especially toward the end (3:21).

! No longer available

Oh, that's perfect!  There is a lot to learn from Peterson.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »

3:Women can't be trusted unless they are in a coma. Even then you have to watch them.

4:Women will steal everything of yours they can get their hands on,and more if they can steal enough of your money to hire a lawyer.

You're single, aren't you?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2018, 02:55:16 pm »

I see you hate women too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
I see you hate women too!

But is he wrong?

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2018, 03:07:06 pm »
But is he wrong?

No, he just failed to mention that men do pretty much the same thing, so really the word he should have used instead of "women" is "people".

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2018, 03:09:55 pm »
But is he wrong?

Good question...is he?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2018, 03:15:19 pm »
But is he wrong?

Yes, inasmuch as he stated categoricals.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2018, 03:22:32 pm »

@sneakypete

We have had words before, Pete. This is not intended to be more of that.
I’m sorry that the choices you have made in your life has caused you to be so tragically jaded.  Your post speaks more about you than you know.  I pray that you come to realize the only person you are hurting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:24:18 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson