Author Topic: Ted Cruz rips New York Times for acting as 'propaganda arm' for Hamas  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
by Katelyn Caralle
 | May 17, 2018 01:48 PM

Print this article

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, charged on the Senate floor Thursday that the New York Times and other media outlets have been acting as a propaganda arm for Hamas by writing that Israeli troops were killing innocent Palestinians at a protest, and downplaying the fact that many were violent and threatening to kill Israelis.

“We can count on global media elites acting as little more than propaganda arms, for Hamas and other terrorists, and no week has that been more evident than this week,” Cruz said. “The media has been more than happy to oblige Hamas’ propaganda needs. Reporters, celebrity talking heads, and members of our political establishment have faithfully and enthusiastically parroted the Hamas line.”

Cruz said the New York Times did not describe that the people protesting on Monday were violent Hamas terrorists whose goal was to cross the Gaza border and kill Jews celebrating the move of the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/ted-cruz-rips-new-york-times-for-acting-as-propaganda-arm-for-hamas

Like flaming kites with swastikas painted on them.

Offline Applewood

Go get 'em Ted!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Well, at least Hamas has the common sense to kill homosexuals by throwing them off the top of a building, or hanging, or death by torture. The New York Times agrees with that. According to them, Hamas can't be all that bad...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

NYT didn't bother mentioning Egypt warning Hamas that Israel was gonna rip em a new one if they continued the rioting, and Egypt would stand back and let em.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
NYT didn't bother mentioning Egypt warning Hamas that Israel was gonna rip em a new one if they continued the rioting, and Egypt would stand back and let em.

I guess it doesn't fit the NYT narrative.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The media may be more of an enemy than the dems.  So glad Ted Cruz is calling them on it ... and doing it Big Time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ted Cruz rips New York Times for acting as 'propaganda arm' for Hamas

I rip Egypt and Israel for not figuring out how to end this shi*t. 

End it or stop acting like this is something deserving our attention.  It's enough.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

End it or stop acting like this is something deserving our attention.  It's enough.

What is it you think they should do?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Why don't you figure it out and let us know ... the problem has been going on for a while.  Like a thousand years or so.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Why don't you figure it out and let us know ... the problem has been going on for a while.  Like a thousand years or so.

Further than that - 2500 years to the sons of Abraham.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I would if I could @Emjay   But this falls within Netanyahu's and Al-Sisi's job descriptions.

We shouldn't be offering excuses for them, we should be demanding action from them.

Online Right_in_Virginia

What is it you think they should do?

Well ... first I think they need to talk.

Then I'd propose moving Egypt's border to include the Gaza Strip. Kick out Hamas. An international peacekeeping presence may be required during the transition.

Make the Gazans Egyptians under law and control.  Give them the full rights and privileges of any Egyptian citizen.

This will mean Egypt will want lots of money to rebuild that area, so I'd expect Uncle Sam to write a check, along with other human rights organizations.  If I were al-Sisi I'd also want a check from Israel.

Israel relinquishes all control over the area, including that nice little registry they keep.  Israel keeps its fence as protection and demarcation of an actual border between two sovereign nation states.

And we see how it goes.

@Sanguine

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:03:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A word to the wise,  every time you here or see the word "Hamas" translate that to current government of Iran.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Then I'd propose moving Egypt's border to include the Gaza Strip. Kick out Hamas. An international peacekeeping presence may be required during the transition.

Make the Gazans Egyptians under law and control.  Give them the full rights and privileges of any Egyptian citizen.

This will mean Egypt will want lots of money to rebuild that area, so I'd expect Uncle Sam to write a check, along with other human rights organizations.  If I were al-Sisi I'd also want a check from Israel.

Israel relinquishes all control over the area, including that nice little registry they keep.  Israel keeps its fence as protection and demarcation of an actual border between two sovereign nation states.

And we see how it goes.

@Sanguine

You can't talk to any constructive end with people who strap bombs on their own children to murder you and yours.

And I wouldn't dump these bottom feeding "KILL KILL KILL" crazed ***** on Al-Sisi since the only way He could get them to tow the line is by burying them, and then taking endless crap and sanctions from the wobblies in Europe and Rats here over it.

As for making Israel and Us pay for it, . . . . not on my watch.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

As regards Egypt, nobody wants so called Palestinians within their borders. Why would any neighboring county want to invite an intractable people who think nothing of using terrorism as a political tool.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And we see how it goes.

@Sanguine

I guess that's the problem - Egypt doesn't want a bunch of dependent troublemakers whose very raison d'être is to agitate and destroy Israel.  Any of the other countries there could take them in, but no one seems to want to.  I'm guessing that it is because they want them where they are doing what they are doing and/or they don't want them in their own countries.  Either way, it's above my pay grade.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The media may be more of an enemy than the dems.  So glad Ted Cruz is calling them on it ... and doing it Big Time.

As far as I'm concerned, there is NO doubt about that and I will assure you that Senator Cruz knows it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:57:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

I guess that's the problem - Egypt doesn't want a bunch of dependent troublemakers whose very raison d'être is to agitate and destroy Israel.  Any of the other countries there could take them in, but no one seems to want to.  I'm guessing that it is because they want them where they are doing what they are doing and/or they don't want them in their own countries.  Either way, it's above my pay grade.

I don't think for the average captive in Gaza their raison d'etre is to destroy Israel.  Hamas, yes.  The average person, no.  I think their very raison d'etre is to survive another day and find clean drinking water.

No other country seriously considers extending their borders to include the Gaza strip because other nations, including the UN have not pushed for it.  And, I mean pushed for it .... hard.  Public opinion and those pesky sanctions could work wonders.  Something's got to be done.  This situation has reached the level of theater of the absurd.

My concern is Israel would fight to block this move.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think for the average captive in Gaza their raison d'etre is to destroy Israel.  Hamas, yes.  The average person, no.  I think their very raison d'etre is to survive another day and find clean drinking water.

No other country seriously considers extending their borders to include the Gaza strip because other nations, including the UN have not pushed for it.  And, I mean pushed for it .... hard.  Public opinion and those pesky sanctions could work wonders.  Something's got to be done.  This situation has reached the level of theater of the absurd.

My concern is Israel would fight to block this move.

Yeah, obviously we disagree as to the motivations of the "average Gazan".  There's just too much evidence to support my conclusion over the last few years.

And, I would think that Israel would agree to a solution that would remove the threat from these people. 

But, I guess we'll never know.   **nononono*

Online Right_in_Virginia

As regards Egypt, nobody wants so called Palestinians within their borders. Why would any neighboring county want to invite an intractable people who think nothing of using terrorism as a political tool.

They wouldn't be Palestinians in Egypt.  My plan ( ^-^) includes making them full "Egyptians".

Captives looking for clean drinking water, food and jobs will typically use anything as a political tool ... including protests and violence.  Marinating in a swamp of despair and fury will do this to damn near any group of people. 

@aligncare

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, obviously we disagree as to the motivations of the "average Gazan".  There's just too much evidence to support my conclusion over the last few years.

And, I would think that Israel would agree to a solution that would remove the threat from these people. 

But, I guess we'll never know.   **nononono*

I tend to agree we'll never know ... this is beyond a pity.  But it takes me back to my earlier post.... if no one will act to fix this, then let's all just move on and accept the consequences without horror, outrage or a PR blitz from either side.  It is what it is.   :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. So the NY Slimes is anti-American and Leftist. Thanks for the tip Ted.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow. So the NY Slimes is anti-American and Leftist. Thanks for the tip Ted.

It was a little more nuanced than that, Frank.  But then, you don't do nuance.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Ted Cruz rips New York Times for acting as 'propaganda arm' for Hamas..."

Gee, give the Times a break.
There aren't that many true communists around from the old days of the Soviet Union, and Walter Duranty's been dead quite a while.

They gotta wave their "propaganda arm" for somebody.
Might as well be islam... and its warriors.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:57:53 am by Fishrrman »

Online libertybele

Most of the MSM has been bought and paid for by the liberal DEMS.

As for Cruz; wish we had more Senators and Representatives like him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.