Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327317 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2325 on: June 17, 2022, 09:59:40 pm »
Kate is gorgeous. She’s really turning into a fashion icon.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2326 on: June 17, 2022, 10:05:36 pm »
Seeing double! Kate Middleton channels Princess Diana at Royal Ascot in outfit nearly identical to one worn by late princess three decades earlier - and even dons her late mother-in-law's diamond and pearl earrings

Duchess of Cambridge arrived at Royal Ascot with Prince William this afternoon
    She wore polka dot dress very similar to one worn by Princess Diana in 1988
    Kate Middleton also donned her late mother-in-law's drop pearl earrings today

By MailOnline Reporter

Published: 10:45 EDT, 17 June 2022 | Updated: 11:04 EDT, 17 June 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10927391/Kate-Middleton-channels-Princess-Diana-Royal-Ascot.html

Kate looks absolutely beautiful.  But seriously .... the shoes??  They just don't go with what she's wearing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2327 on: June 17, 2022, 10:07:48 pm »
I read the other day that QE only allowed these two a 15min meeting....I should have posted it when I saw it cause I can't find it now..

I read the same thing.  I found it rather surprising, but I'm sure the Queen had her reasons.  I also read that no pictures were allowed of Lili and the Queen.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2328 on: June 18, 2022, 04:14:17 pm »
I read the same thing.  I found it rather surprising, but I'm sure the Queen had her reasons.  I also read that no pictures were allowed of Lili and the Queen.

Harry and Meghan would have just sold the pics to whatever publisher offered the highest price.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2329 on: June 18, 2022, 04:36:26 pm »
Harry and Meghan would have just sold the pics to whatever publisher offered the highest price.

You betcha!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2330 on: June 20, 2022, 12:58:02 pm »

Exactly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2331 on: June 21, 2022, 04:12:33 pm »
Seeing double! Kate Middleton channels Princess Diana at Royal Ascot in outfit nearly identical to one worn by late princess three decades earlier - and even dons her late mother-in-law's diamond and pearl earrings

Didn't she start this?  .....  :laugh:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2332 on: June 21, 2022, 06:15:09 pm »

Didn't she start this?  .....  :laugh:

My mother had a similar dress in the late 1950's ... mid-calf with a straight skirt. It was beautiful.

« Reply #2333 on: June 22, 2022, 04:11:07 am »
Kate looks absolutely beautiful.  But seriously .... the shoes??  They just don't go with what she's wearing.

I think she's tying the brown shoes to the brown polka dots and brown hat .... although I might have gone with a deeper shade of brown for the shoes.   happy77   @libertybele

« Reply #2334 on: June 22, 2022, 04:17:05 am »
The brown color shows well in this photo ....

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2335 on: June 22, 2022, 06:16:58 pm »
How in the world is she walking in those spiky heals without them poking into the ground, lol? Proof that she is meant to be the Queen one day, I guess.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2336 on: June 22, 2022, 10:05:25 pm »
I think she's tying the brown shoes to the brown polka dots and brown hat .... although I might have gone with a deeper shade of brown for the shoes.   happy77   @libertybele

Ok -- I thought that the outfit had black polka dots until I saw the 2nd photo; and the light shining reveals brown.  I'm good now with the shoes!   happy77 :beer:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2337 on: June 23, 2022, 02:06:02 pm »
Kate Middleton and Prince William's First Official Joint Portrait Unveiled!

Kate Middleton and Prince William viewed a special piece of artwork on Thursday — their first official joint portrait.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were on hand for the painted portrait's unveiling during a visit to their namesake region of Cambridgeshire, which is a county in the City of Cambridge. The couple received the titles of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge from Queen Elizabeth on their wedding day in April 2011.

William and Kate, both 40, stopped by the University of Cambridge's Fitzwilliam Museum in the heart of Cambridge, where they viewed the painted artwork as it was revealed to the public for the first time. The piece was commissioned in 2021 by the Cambridgeshire Royal Portrait Fund, which is held by the Cambridge Community Foundation, as a gift to Cambridgeshire. It was painted by award-winning British portrait artist Jamie Coreth.

https://people.com/royals/kate-middleton-prince-william-visit-namesake-region-cambridge/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2338 on: June 23, 2022, 02:06:30 pm »
Kate Middleton and Prince William's First Official Joint Portrait Unveiled!

https://people.com/royals/kate-middleton-prince-william-visit-namesake-region-cambridge/

Beautiful portrait. Like Kates green dress.

« Reply #2339 on: June 23, 2022, 02:25:51 pm »

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:28:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2340 on: June 23, 2022, 02:28:00 pm »
Thank you @Right_in_Virginia

I really like the color of her dress

« Reply #2341 on: June 23, 2022, 02:29:21 pm »
Beautiful portrait. Like Kates green dress.

Beautiful, indeed @Gefn

« Reply #2342 on: June 23, 2022, 02:32:41 pm »
Thank you @Right_in_Virginia

I really like the color of her dress

The color is stunning, the dress is beautiful, the shoes are perfect, love the bracelet ... and he really captured her expression.  Who's the guy with her?   wink777   

@Gefn

« Reply #2343 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:21 pm »
She wore the dress on a trip to Dublin in 2020 ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2344 on: June 23, 2022, 02:57:41 pm »
With all my media training, etc.  Am surprised they allowed Will to keep his hands in his pockets.  That's generally a no-no.

And uhhhh not that I typically stare at that area.  That portrait sure makes her look "bra-less"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 03:00:33 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2345 on: June 23, 2022, 05:48:10 pm »
I'm not a fan of her dress.  It's not "timeless" as are clothes she usually wears.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2346 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:58 pm »
The color is stunning, the dress is beautiful, the shoes are perfect, love the bracelet ... and he really captured her expression.  Who's the guy with her?   wink777   

@Gefn

...hmm...I don't think that her expression was captured well or maybe he didn't quite capture the shape of her face --  :shrug:  Dress is beautiful though, but Williams' tie doesn't match her dress. 

All in all, not a fan.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:40:03 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2347 on: June 27, 2022, 05:51:29 pm »
Is this controversy with Charles enough for the Queen to abdicate Charles' position to William?  I'm thinking so.  I know Charles has waited a very long time to become King, but this 'cash transaction' should be carefully scrutinized by the Queen. It certainly has raised some eyebrows.

Queen Elizabeth Makes Public Appearance As Prince Charles Controversy Looms

Queen Elizabeth II made an appearance in Scotland on Monday to kick off Holyrood Week 2022, marking her first public outing since her Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

The queen took part in an ancient ceremony at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, where she was accompanied by her son Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie, the Countess of Wessex.

The 96-year-old sovereign, who has continued to experience mobility problems, used a walking aid at the appearance.

Later on in the week, the queen will be joined by her son Prince Charles for engagements in Scotland.

The Prince of Wales, who recently represented the queen at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Rwanda, made headlines over the weekend after a Sunday Times investigation revealed that the heir to the throne accepted bags of cash from a Qatari politician years ago, and used the funds for his personal charities.............

............The report said that the prince accepted around $3.2 million in cash from Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, who reportedly handed over money in a department store shopping bag and a suitcase in meetings that occurred between 2011 and 2015.

Prince Charles’ Clarence House denied any wrongdoing in a statement.

“Charitable donations received from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim were passed immediately to one of the Prince’s charities who carried out the appropriate governance and have assured us that all the correct processes were followed,” they told CNN in a statement..................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/queen-elizabeth-makes-public-appearance-160522001.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2348 on: June 27, 2022, 06:03:25 pm »
I'm not a fan of her dress.  It's not "timeless" as are clothes she usually wears.

I don't care for the dress or the portrait...neither is flattering to Kate
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2349 on: June 29, 2022, 12:00:23 am »
 Queen Elizabeth is ‘fading away before our very eyes’: royal expert
By Andrew Court   
June 24, 2022 4:50pm

A royal expert is sounding an alarm, saying new photographs of Queen Elizabeth II show the beloved monarch “fading away before our very eyes.”

Daniela Elser penned an op-ed for Australian outlet News.com.AU on Friday, saying images of the queen greeting New South Wales Governor Margaret Beazley in the UK last week were “nothing short of alarming.”

The snaps show the 96-year-old royal wearing a bright yellow dress as she smiles and shakes hands with the Australian politician inside Windsor Castle.

Elser claims the images are unremarkable until they are compared with photographs taken of the queen in a similar outfit back in June 2021, when she met former Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

“The difference is truly startling,” the royal expert writes. “In the intervening 12 months, Her Majesty would appear to have become markedly more stooped, much thinner and overall appears to have shrunk.”

The Post has reached out for comment from the Queen’s communications secretary.

The monarch is pictured greeting New South Wales Premier Margaret Beazley at Windsor Castle last week.

The queen is seen greeting Scott Morrison, the then-Prime Minister of Australia, in the UK in June 2021

more
https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/queen-elizabeth-fading-away-before-our-very-eyes-royal-expert/.
Support the USO