General Category > World News

Royal Happenings

<< < (690/766) > >>

DefiantMassRINO:
Britain's society, that prides itself on 'keeping a stiff upper lip', has little tolerance for Harry's pity party.

Things don't go well for Royals when they marry American divorcees.

mystery-ak:
 Prince Harry wanted to leave royal family before marrying Meghan Markle: author
By Samantha Ibrahim   
May 30, 2023 9:32am

Prince Harry seemed to be itching to leave the royal family even before he married Meghan Markle.

In a resurfaced 2017 interview with author Angela Levin, the Duke of Sussex, 38, claimed he “wanted out” of royal life.

The “Harry: A Biography of a Prince” writer had spoken to him about his desire for an “ordinary life” and she penned his thoughts for her Daily Mail column at the time.

“I spent many years kicking my heels and I didn’t want to grow up,” Harry told the journalist.

“I felt I wanted out but then decided to stay in and work out a role for myself,” he added.

The now-father of two went on to say how he is “determined to have a relatively normal life” and hoped that he would be lucky enough to have children in the future.

He then recounted what it was like to walk with his brother Prince William behind their mother Princess Diana’s coffin at her 1997 funeral when they were barely teens.

“I don’t think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. It certainly wouldn’t happen today,” he recalled.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/prince-harry-wanted-to-leave-royal-family-before-meghan-author/

mystery-ak:
 :crossed:

Feds to appear in court over Prince Harry’s visa after drug use admissions
By Snejana Farberov   
May 31, 2023 8:26am

The US government will appear in court next week to answer questions about Prince Harry’s visa application after a conservative think tank demanded that it be unsealed, given his admitted drug use.

The Department of Homeland Security will face off on June 6 against the Heritage Foundation, which filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit earlier this month to compel the agency to release the Duke of Sussex’s immigration records, arguing that they are of “immense public interest.”

So far, the US government has refused to make the 38-year-old royal’s visa application public.

Nile Gardiner, director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at the Heritage Foundation, tweeted Tuesday that the hearing will be in DC federal court and open to the press.

Gardiner touted the upcoming hearing — likely the first of many to come — as a “very significant development.”

“It significantly raises the stakes here,” he told the Telegraph. “I think that so far the Biden administration has been stonewalling the freedom.”

Any foreign national seeking to obtain a US visa or permanent resident status is required to answer questions about their past drug use.

Under US immigration law, a visa applicant who is “determined to be a drug abuser” is deemed “inadmissible” — although immigration officials are permitted to make exceptions.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/us-government-bound-for-court-over-prince-harrys-visa/

sneakypete:
Let me see if I understand this correctly,ok?

The Feral Gooberment is going after a multi-millionaire guy from England who is VERY unlikely to be committing any violent crimes or go on public assistance,while completely ignoring the 3rd world invasion from "South of the Border"??????

Kamaji:
Well, that's a relief!

Harry, Meghan Markle to ‘stop writing books, documentaries’ as there’s ‘nothing left to say’: report

By Nika Shakhnazarova
June 1, 2023

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have “nothing left to say.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to stop publishing tell-alls, engaging in sit-down interviews, and taking part in large-scale documentaries in a shocking U-turn, according to a report.

“That period of their life is over — as there is nothing left to say,” a source told The Sun of the exiled couple’s plan to step away from the limelight.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex sensationally stepped down as senior members of the royal family in 2021 — a decision that was followed by a permanent move to the US amid their ongoing quest for “privacy.”

Their move sparked several high-publicity projects such as their six-part Netflix documentary, their bombshell sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey, and Harry’s protocol-shattering memoir, “Spare.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/01/harry-meghan-to-stop-writing-books-and-documentaries-report/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version