Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332800 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2018, 12:09:38 am »
Honestly, I like her dress for an everyday wedding, but for a royal one, I liked Kate's better.

I did, too @CatherineofAragon

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2018, 12:27:56 am »

Doria Ragland Rocked A Nose Ring In The Chicest Way Possible at the Royal Wedding
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a20106901/meghan-markle-mother-doria-ragland-royal-wedding-dress/

aha..the pics I saw were from the other side of the nose...

@mystery-ak  @CatherineofAragon     ^-^
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2018, 01:07:31 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I will have a commemorative plate soon.  Son will send me one.  Have those plates for the royal family going back through the generations.  Also have teacups/tea pots from their times.  I was into glass/porcelain all my life - my house looks like a museum from around the world as I went from country to country, collecting glassware and cups/teapots and commemorative plates. Been to Monte Carlo twice and brought back commemorative plate of wedding of  Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.

We collect things all our lives because we like them, like to see them, appreciate them as art.  Early glassware made in this country is beautiful.  When the east coast was settled, people needed glassware so Westmorland was one of the first to come to the east coast and make glassware. They brought with them a cast of Queen Victoria's hands and reproduced them in a cupped position in milk glass. I have one of those - her hands were tiny.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:57 am »
I'm old fashioned..I prefer a white layer cake with either a choc mousse filling or strawberry mousse iced with rich buttercream frosting... My wedding cake had choc mousse on the large layer and strawberry mouse on the smaller layer..the tiny layer on top just had buttercream filling..

I don't know what she was trying to accomplish, but whoever decorated their cake has much to be desired.  It certainly doesn't look like anything special other than a royal mess.

Agreed; white or a yellow cake with some type of filling is usually the norm at weddings.  My cake was a white layer cake, with a rich buttercream frosting between layers, decorated with red roses and tiny green leaves. Definitely much more elegant looking than the 'royal' cake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2018, 01:39:22 am »
I did, too @CatherineofAragon

I vote for Kate's wedding dress as well.  Markle's was more like an evening gown than a wedding dress and it looked sloppy and thrown together at the last minute. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2018, 01:44:17 am »
It's not a nose ring, it's a little tiny stud.

That's how it looks to me.  And as we go on...a whole lot of people are going to have tatts and piercings. Not my thing, but it seems to be the rage. I just hope in the future I don't have a doctor all pierced and colored (but I'm sure I will).

I guess as long as he/she knows their stuff, it won't matter in the long run.

On the topic...I think her dress is lovely...but like Kate's better. :laugh:

« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2018, 12:57:59 pm »
Twitter Is Calling Meghan Markle's Wedding Gown "Ill-Fitting" and "Boring"
Harper's Bazaar, May 19, 2018

Meghan Markle's wedding gown is officially dividing social media. Many are calling the gown "gorgeous," "beautiful," and "stunning" – while others are less than impressed. Critics of the gown are taking to Instagram and Twitter, telling followers, royals and Markle fans exactly how Meghan's super-simple wedding gown by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy has them feeling.

Not only were those anxiously expecting the most epic royal wedding dress of the season feeling a bit let down by Meghan's super-simple gown choice, but they also seem to be underwhelmed by her styling choices overall. Additionally, many weren't so into the who-done-it game of Markle's dress designer, especially when it turned out that not a soul in the running had anything to do with the design.

But Twitter didn't stop with the dress–they went for Meghan's beauty look as well. Those on royal watch expected to see Markle as they know and love her–perfectly polished with a touch of edge. Instead, they were furious to find her hair falling out of place at her hair line and in the back at the nape of her neck, nor were they impressed when her veil wasn't falling perfectly at the ceremony.

More:  https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a20757993/meghan-markle-royal-wedding-gown-twitter-reactions/

Interesting tweets at the link.  I wonder if they read TBR?   ^-^

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2018, 01:48:02 pm »
For those who disliked the gown I say boo!

Remember Diana's? The only ugly dress she ever wore in her life was her weeding dress

@Victoria33
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

BBC has an American catalog with lots of royal merchandise for sale. Top quality stuff. Wedge wood.
Royal DOulton. Etc. Then tea towels, tea cozies, food like cookies in commerative tins.

It's got really nice things.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2018, 01:56:44 pm »
For those who disliked the gown I say boo!

Remember Diana's? The only ugly dress she ever wore in her life was her weeding dress

@Victoria33
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

BBC has an American catalog with lots of royal merchandise for sale. Top quality stuff. Wedge wood.
Royal DOulton. Etc. Then tea towels, tea cozies, food like cookies in commerative tins.

It's got really nice things.

I didn't dislike the gown, I just didn't think it was anything special.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »
I didn't dislike the gown, I just didn't think it was anything special.

I liked the train

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2018, 02:34:05 pm »
I liked the train

I'm surprised that with all of the modernization,  they didn't have drones hold it up.  Well, non-human drones.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2018, 02:44:59 pm »
I'm surprised that with all of the modernization,  they didn't have drones hold it up.  Well, non-human drones.

Maybe she should have had little daleks holding it up.
@Suppressed

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2018, 02:45:39 pm »
Just like Meghan: Five wedding dresses strikingly similar to Meghan's gorgeous Givenchy gown
https://www.thevow.ie/fashion-and-beauty/wedding-dresses/just-like-meghan-five-wedding-dresses-strikingly-similar-to-meghans-gorgeous-givenchy-gown-36925239.html

a dress almost identical to Meghan's...far less expensive than $230,00

I knew I have see this dress before.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:47:32 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2018, 02:47:19 pm »
Sigh. Good men are difficult to find

Must like animals

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2018, 03:15:24 pm »
Maybe she should have had little daleks holding it up.
@Suppressed

EL-E-VATE!  EL-E-VATE!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2018, 03:37:29 pm »
Meghan's hairdresser reveals it took him just 45 minutes to style the bride's 'messy bun' using grips you can get at the supermarket - and says she was 'calm and chatty' ahead of her big day
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5750249/Meghans-hairdresser-reveals-took-just-45-minutes-style-brides-messy-bun.html

He should have spent a little longer as Meghan was constantly brushing aside hair that had fallen out of place..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2018, 03:43:09 pm »
Beginning married life! Harry and Meghan leave Windsor after she gave wedding speech last night in break with tradition and reveals she is 'proud to be a feminist' as she sets out royal aspirations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5749973/Inside-Harry-Meghans-lavish-evening-wedding-reception-hosted-Prince-Charles.html
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2018, 03:44:50 pm »
Beginning married life! Harry and Meghan leave Windsor after she gave wedding speech last night in break with tradition and reveals she is 'proud to be a feminist' as she sets out royal aspirations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5749973/Inside-Harry-Meghans-lavish-evening-wedding-reception-hosted-Prince-Charles.html

With the likes of friends like Ophra and the Clooney's watch for a further leftward spiral.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2018, 03:47:17 pm »
So whose fashion sparkled... and who missed the Markle? The Royal Wedding hits and misses by LIZ JONES
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5749121/The-Royal-Wedding-hits-misses-LIZ-JONES.html

My fav and something I would wear

Countess of Wessex wears ice-blue satin by London couturier Suzannah and hat by Jane Taylor
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2018, 03:58:13 pm »
With the likes of friends like Ophra and the Clooney's watch for a further leftward spiral.

It would be hard to go much lefter:  "The US former actress received her own web page on the official royal.uk website just hours after her sensational wedding, which proclaimed her pride at being a feminist, soup kitchen volunteer and social justice campaigner."

« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »
So whose fashion sparkled... and who missed the Markle? The Royal Wedding hits and misses by LIZ JONES
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5749121/The-Royal-Wedding-hits-misses-LIZ-JONES.html

My fav and something I would wear

Countess of Wessex wears ice-blue satin by London couturier Suzannah and hat by Jane Taylor

Edward and Sophie ... the forgotten royals.  Sophie married Prince Edward (the Queen's fourth child) in 1999 at the same chapel at Windsor Castle ...

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »

Okay, time for these two to return to Africa for a nice, long stay spent saving the continent.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:29:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »
Meghan's hairdresser reveals it took him just 45 minutes to style the bride's 'messy bun' using grips you can get at the supermarket - and says she was 'calm and chatty' ahead of her big day
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5750249/Meghans-hairdresser-reveals-took-just-45-minutes-style-brides-messy-bun.html

He should have spent a little longer as Meghan was constantly brushing aside hair that had fallen out of place..

I think this "messy bun" is her signature look @mystery-ak   She wore it for the evening reception, too.  Although why this would take 45 minutes and a sylist to do is anyone's guess.  Give me a hair clip from CVS, 15 seconds ... and Viola!   :laugh:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2018, 05:17:03 pm »
I think this "messy bun" is her signature look @mystery-ak   She wore it for the evening reception, too.  Although why this would take 45 minutes and a sylist to do is anyone's guess.  Give me a hair clip from CVS, 15 seconds ... and Viola!   :laugh:

LOL..not to mention what he charged...I have now see the dress cost $300k and QE had to approve of the dress before she could wear it..
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2018, 05:38:53 pm »
If you watch Say Yes To The Dress you would have seen this dress before..Why she needed a designer and pay 230k for it while you can get it already...it is beautiful but nothing special..Kate's was prettier and different.

Kate doesn't make mistakes.  Her dress was perfect.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.