Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332759 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2018, 03:47:50 pm »
US bishop becomes break-out star of the show: Energizing preacher raises eyebrows and sets social media alight with a very different Royal wedding sermon
Daily Mail/UK, May 19, 2018

* He mentioned slavery, the Old Testament and quoted the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr in his unusual speech
* Speech provoked a few chuckles in the chapel - and even Harry and Meghan couldn't help but giggle at one point
* Prince William seemed to be desperately trying to hold back a fit of laughter
* Camilla and Kate also shared a look of bemusement during the sermon

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5747835/Bishop-raises-eyebrows-chapel.html#ixzz5FxlqA4rD

The photos and videos at the link are interesting ....  here's one of the videos:

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMYvavenE1c

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:55:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2018, 03:49:17 pm »
My wife had a nice point. With all the deal in the news, death, violence, war; it is nice to have a big of romance and escapism. For us blokes it is sports, for women, it is this. Now I'm off to watch the news Deadpool for some escapism.

I think some of it why a lot of Americans watch is due to the fact the England was our mother country. Yes we left them (for a good reason), but we do have some minor attachments to the Brits. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2018, 03:51:18 pm »

I bet she is thinking that no way in hell that Chuckles will be King.

According to a tabloid I saw in the grocery store line, the Queen is not all that ecstatic about Harry's choice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2018, 04:20:11 pm »
Maybe not. Princess Diana  was the proverbial virgin Princess goody two shoes and she basically turned out to be a an adulterous  slut.

Meghan I think is going to surprise everyone because she has already sowed her wild oats.. That's my prediction anyway.

@Emjay

@mirraflake   Whoa.  Princess Diana was universally adored and only strayed because Charles had no use for her at all.  He married her for a decoration and she was very decorative. He loved another woman all his life and he has her now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »

I think some of it why a lot of Americans watch is due to the fact the England was our mother country. Yes we left them (for a good reason), but we do have some minor attachments to the Brits.

We love pageantry and England does it best, although JFK's funeral may have contained the most, although sad, pageantry.

I have a bad feeling about Harry's gal, but, on the bright side, it should provide us with Royal gossip for years to come.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2018, 04:22:54 pm »
@mirraflake   Whoa.  Princess Diana was universally adored and only strayed because Charles had no use for her at all.  He married her for a decoration and she was very decorative. He loved another woman all his life and he has her now.

Ok I was a little harsh and regret to a degree what I said. I was trying to make a point albeit to strongly

@Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:25 pm »
Ok I was a little harsh and regret to a degree what I said. I was trying to make a point albeit to strongly

@Emjay

@mirraflake   Forget it,  I was harsh about Prince Harry's choice.  I don't really know that much about her.  To tell the truth, she reminds me of the first girl my son was engaged to. She was a beautiful girl, runner-up to Miss Texas, but she had trouble written all over her.

I prayed every day that he wouldn't marry her and, Thank God, he didn't.  He married a wonderful woman.

Maybe Harry will get lucky.  I like him a lot.  This may be his way of a tiny rebellion.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »
@mirraflake   Forget it,  I was harsh about Prince Harry's choice.  I don't really know that much about her.  To tell the truth, she reminds me of the first girl my son was engaged to. She was a beautiful girl, runner-up to Miss Texas, but she had trouble written all over her.

I prayed every day that he wouldn't marry her and, Thank God, he didn't.  He married a wonderful woman.

Maybe Harry will get lucky.  I like him a lot.  This may be his way of a tiny rebellion.

The thing is we don't know any of these people personally. We know what tabloid covers say and what internet gossip chatters about. For all we know, she is an absolute angel who just had some bad luck in Hollywood with prior relationships.

Oceander

« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2018, 04:48:38 pm »

So how did that first girl turn out?  The one he didn’t marry?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »
Everything the royal family wore to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding
https://globalnews.ca/news/4219884/royal-wedding-outfit-details/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2018, 05:01:49 pm »
I've looked at the pics and read the title bestowed upon the two of them; Duke and Duchess of Sussex.  I also read where he is 6th in line of the royal succession. So, I cannot believe all the attention these two are getting and while I realize that the Brits still have 'royal' tradition, I find a lot of hype surrounding these two really unnecessary.

Prince Harry looked ok in the traditional garb, but Markle...OMG. Who ever designed and 'tailored' her dress did a very poor job, the top of the dress looked way to big and ill fitting....the horse and buggy was kind of cool though.

Oh ... and then I read that her new sister-in-law; Kate was being criticized for wearing yellow pastel and it was too close to white.  Really?  Enough of the snarkiness. The MSM loves drama and you can bet we'll now hear every cat fight between the two of them.

On the positive side; Sir Elton John and Oprah were in attendance...much more interesting in my books.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2018, 05:13:36 pm »
The Queen gave Prince Harry her blessing to get married in the traditional Blues and Royals uniform. Prince Harry's single-breasted uniform is made of blue doeskin. It has white buckskin belt with sword slings. (He did not carry a sword to church, though.)

Everything to Know About Prince Harry and Prince William's Matching Royal Wedding Outfits
http://time.com/5274140/prince-harry-wedding-outfit/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2018, 05:19:47 pm »
So how did that first girl turn out?  The one he didn’t marry?

I lost track of her.  She used to sing in little honky tonks and she refused to return the ring he went in hock for.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2018, 05:21:17 pm »

Truth be told I have never seen a monarch live so long.

Louis XIV of France is the longest reigning monarch. 72 years. HRH QE II has a bit to go to catch up to him.

Remember that Queen Victoria loved her son Edward, but felt deep down he wasn’t ready for his moment. Thankfully, he reigned about a decade. I think the Queen feels the same way about Charles. Loves him , but thinks William will be a better monarch. I know I personally do feel this way. I feel Charles will be - well, they haven’t had good luck with Charles I and II.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2018, 05:24:05 pm »
Everything the royal family wore to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding
https://globalnews.ca/news/4219884/royal-wedding-outfit-details/

Eugenia tried for a Jackie look and failed.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2018, 05:25:44 pm »
Louis XIV of France is the longest reigning monarch. 72 years. HRH QE II has a bit to go to catch up to him.

Remember that Queen Victoria loved her son Edward, but felt deep down he wasn’t ready for his moment. Thankfully, he reigned about a decade. I think the Queen feels the same way about Charles. Loves him , but thinks William will be a better monarch. I know I personally do feel this way. I feel Charles will be - well, they haven’t had good luck with Charles I and II.

Yes.  William is eminently 'suitable.'  He married the perfect bride and they are popping out perfect children (well, she is).  I think he will be a good King with no personal drama.

« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33:29 pm »
The Queen gave Prince Harry her blessing to get married in the traditional Blues and Royals uniform. Prince Harry's single-breasted uniform is made of blue doeskin. It has white buckskin belt with sword slings. (He did not carry a sword to church, though.)

Everything to Know About Prince Harry and Prince William's Matching Royal Wedding Outfits
http://time.com/5274140/prince-harry-wedding-outfit/

In all candor ( ^-^) I prefer the red jacket...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:37:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2018, 05:51:28 pm »

Ok, then I think she is the longest English Monarch.

I think you are right. The English Monarch's named Charles hasn't had good luck. So I think you are right, his reign might be short.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2018, 05:54:21 pm »
Is there anything more anachronistic than having a monarchy in 2018?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2018, 07:07:18 pm »
Prince Harry looked ok in the traditional garb, but Markle...OMG. Who ever designed and 'tailored' her dress did a very poor job, the top of the dress looked way to big and ill fitting....

That's what you get when you skimp and pay only £100,000.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2018, 07:09:35 pm »
Is there anything more anachronistic than having a monarchy in 2018?

Wearing a white dress to a wedding in 2018?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:29:05 pm by Sanguine »

« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2018, 07:27:19 pm »
Leaving for the evening reception

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2018, 07:30:42 pm »
Wearing a white dress to a wedding in 2018?
Wearing a white dress to a wedding in 2018? (on the 3rd wedding)

Sorry, I might be an old fogey, but in my youth ....this would have been near scandalous.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Leaving for the evening reception

No balcony photos
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2018, 07:41:02 pm »

They travelled in a silver blue open-top Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero, which was originally manufactured in 1968 and now runs on electricity on her way to the English country house which stands in the home park of Windsor Castle and is part of the Crown Estate. It is only open to individuals on three days of the year.

lot of good photos here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5748651/Meghan-Harry-head-Frogmore-House-reception-royal-wedding.html
Support the USO