Author Topic: Anti-Trump J20 Protesters Facing 60 Years in Jail Report Financial Woes and Psychological Trauma  (Read 404 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anti-Trump J20 Protesters Facing 60 Years in Jail Report Financial Woes and Psychological Trauma
By Michael Edison Hayden On 5/16/18 at 7:30 AM

Jury selection began Monday for the remaining defendants arrested during the Washington, D.C., protests against President Donald Trump’s inauguration on January 20, 2017. A half-dozen defendants and their supporters told Newsweek that the long wait to be seen in court has become a punishment in itself, even as they stare down potential 60-year sentences.

“My life has stood still for about a year and a half,” Dylan Petrohilos, a 29-year-old graphic designer, told Newsweek. “I’ve become less productive at work, less willing to take on work in my community and just all around more anxious.”

The majority of the 217 anti-Trump protesters that were charged with crimes following the so-called J20 protests were either acquitted or had their charges dropped. But 59 still face felony charges pertaining to engaging in a riot, inciting a riot, conspiracy to riot and property damage in trials that will continue to roll out until October of 2018—nearly two years after Trump was sworn into office.

Read more at: http://www.newsweek.com/anti-trump-j20-protesters-face-60-years-jail-926827

J20, January 20, 2017 inauguration protesters.

Offline Night Hides Not

“My life has stood still for about a year and a half,” Dylan Petrohilos, a 29-year-old graphic designer, told Newsweek. “I’ve become less productive at work, less willing to take on work in my community and just all around more anxious.”

Memo to Dylan: actions have consequences.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline verga

Seems like he should have learned not to break the law a lot sooner, well maybe he can be an example for the rest of the brain dead libtards.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.