Author Topic: New Paper: CO2 Emissions From Biofuels Are Worse Than Coal, Yet EU Says Biofuels Are ‘Carbon Neutral  (Read 691 times)

rangerrebew

New Paper: CO2 Emissions From Biofuels Are Worse Than Coal, Yet EU Says Biofuels Are ‘Carbon Neutral’

By Kenneth Richard on 14. May 2018
Governments promote biofuels as renewable, carbon-neutral resources that serve to reduce CO2 emissions.  Meanwhile, scientists have determined that biomass burning generates more CO2 emissions per kWh than burning coal does, and the projected rapid growth in biofuel use will only serve to ‘increase atmospheric CO2 for at least a century’.

http://notrickszone.com/2018/05/14/new-paper-co2-emissions-from-biofuels-are-worse-than-coal-yet-eu-says-biofuels-are-carbon-neutral/#sthash.xha1LMND.cYF2fDhG.dpbs

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The greenie scam continues to unravel/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

"Reductions in atmospheric CO2 come only later, and only if the harvested land is allowed to regrow.”

Whoever has heard of a tree regrowing?!  Such nonsense!

Why, we all know trees don't regrow any more than a coal seam can!

/s

Why do fossil-fuel fanatics always feel the need to push this sort of disingenuousness?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Whoever has heard of a tree regrowing?!  Such nonsense!

Why, we all know trees don't regrow any more than a coal seam can!

/s

Why do fossil-fuel fanatics always feel the need to push this sort of disingenuousness?
Disingenuosness?  Both coal seams and trees do indeed grow over time.

Are you attempting to say they do not, or exactly what is it you are saying?

And what do you call a fossil-fuel fanatic anyway?  Someone who uses a ready-made resource of energy that is plentiful, cheap and reliable compared to something called 'biomass' which actually is pretty non-descriptive to say the least and rhymes with mitt?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:49:55 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

Disingenuosness?  Both coal seams and trees do indeed grow over time.

Are you attempting to say they do not, or exactly what is it you are saying?

And what do you call a fossil-fuel fanatic anyway?  Someone who uses a ready-made resource of energy that is plentiful, cheap and reliable compared to something called 'biomass' which actually is pretty non-descriptive to say the least and rhymes with mitt?

Coal seams grow at a rate that is many, many, many orders slower than biomass like trees.

A fossil-fuel fanatic is someone who ignores facts and reality to push an agendum or agenda.

Sure, fossil fuels are wonderful.  They are energy-dense and cheap.  They have plenty of advantages that can be touted.   So many, in fact, that there's no need to lie and pretend that trees don't grow back.  That's just preposterous.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Coal seams grow at a rate that is many, many, many orders slower than biomass like trees.

A fossil-fuel fanatic is someone who ignores facts and reality to push an agendum or agenda.

Sure, fossil fuels are wonderful.  They are energy-dense and cheap.  They have plenty of advantages that can be touted.   So many, in fact, that there's no need to lie and pretend that trees don't grow back.  That's just preposterous.
Who ever said trees do not grow back?

The article clearly pointed out that they do if one is allowed to grow them.  That was the whole point.  Where is the lie you are referencing in your post above?

Still do not understand your point on fossil fuels fanatics.