Author Topic: China Contributing $500 Million to Trump-Linked Project in Indonesia  (Read 508 times)

Offline Suppressed

China Contributing $500 Million to Trump-Linked Project in Indonesia
By JACK CROWE  May 14, 2018 1:56 PM
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/china-contributing-500-million-trump-linked-project-indonesia/

The Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan to a state-owned construction company to build an Indonesian theme park that will feature a Trump-branded golf course and hotels.

[...]

The project will include a number of Trump-branded hotels, a golf course, and a residence. While the $500 million loan will not be directly allocated to any of the Trump-branded features, Beijing’s contribution of half the project’s total operating budget ensures the success of the broader theme-park venture.

The Trump properties are considered flagship elements of the theme park, according to MNC marketing materials, and internal documents obtained by Agency France-Presse show Trump’s sons have been directly involved in its planning.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

@LauraTXNM
You were asking why Trump was helping a Chinese company that the US was sanctioning.  Perhaps we have a little quid pro quo going on.

I'd like to hear from Trump fans why he is so outspoken about how unfair China is, but when we sanction an offender, he steps in to save them. (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,316130.msg1683233.html#msg1683233)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:25:15 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That's not fair, his kid owns thart part of the business not Trump himself.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:52:20 am by AbaraXas »

Oceander

That's not fair, his kid owns thart part of the business not Trump himself.

There is a reason why ownership by one family member is attributed to the other members of the family.  This is one of them.

Offline Victoria33

@LauraTXNM
You were asking why Trump was helping a Chinese company that the US was sanctioning.  Perhaps we have a little quid pro quo going on.
I'd like to hear from Trump fans why he is so outspoken about how unfair China is, but when we sanction an offender, he steps in to save them.
@Suppressed

Yes, his hotels to be built in Indonesia with China loans that his sons are working on, is why he will use our money to save China's phone company. Spit.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:04:55 am by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Then there should be an ethics investigation if something is improper.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@LauraTXNM

I'd like to hear from Trump fans why he is so outspoken about how unfair China is, but when we sanction an offender, he steps in to save them. (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,316130.msg1683233.html#msg1683233)
What is the quid pro quo?

The article clearly indicates not a penny of the China investment is going into anything owned by the Trump interests.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington