Author Topic: John Kelly: Illegal immigrants don't have skills, can't 'integrate' well into modern US society  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Keep moving those goal posts obliviously.  It's why I enjoy arguing with border patriots.

What goal posts were moved?  Kelly, in his own statement, expressly said "modern" society.

You're just trying to argue against a strawman because it's easier than addressing the specific point he actually made.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:10:34 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline skeeter

What goal posts were moved?  Kelly, in his own statement, expressly said "modern" society.

You're just trying to argue against a strawman because it's easier than addressing the specific point he actually made.

If we hadn't moved the goalposts an Operation Wetback wouldn't be an utterly impossibility today.

Removing people who snuck in illegally was considered common sense 60 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:05:39 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If we hadn't moved the goalposts an Operation Wetback wouldn't be an utterly impossibility today.

Removing people who snuck in illegally was considered common sense 60 years ago.

None other than the great Caesar Chavez was against illegals coming into the country and working for cheap wages.

He felt it delegitimized his efforts to start the Farm Workers Union.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

None other than the great Caesar Chavez was against illegals coming into the country and working for cheap wages.

He felt it delegitimized his efforts to start the Farm Workers Union.

I even remember when I lived in CA back then there was a lot of support for his position. Of course, California was more republican then.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I even remember when I lived in CA back then there was a lot of support for his position. Of course, California was more republican then.

@aligncare correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chavez organize patrols to stop and or report illegals crossing into California?

It's amazing how far that state has fallen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Modern society tells me to press 1 for English. 

How can you say illegals are stealing American welfare out of one side of your mouth, and say they ain't integrated outside the other?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

How can you say illegals are stealing American welfare out of one side of your mouth, and say they ain't integrated outside the other?

It's easy. They are led by the hand through the welfare process starting before they ever leave their home countries viaTV commercials. All they need to do pretty much is sign the papers when they get to the US.

They don't intergrate because they refuse to learn English...they don't accept American culture and demand that we accept their society structure and cultural norms on our soil.

It's called balkinization.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That's not the problem.  The problem is the same one faced by those progressives who argue for massive government works jobs like we had during the Great Depression -- this is no longer a society where tens of millions of people can be gainfully employed doing unskilled labor.  So if we import large numbers of unskilled workers who don't even speak the language, we are flooding the labor pool for those kind of jobs.  That depresses wages for those Americans who are in that category.

You know...I really can't stand it when people ascribe arguments to me that I never made.  I never claimed they were "stealing welfare".

That being said, if your idea of desireable "integration" is the ability to accept handouts from the government - either in the form of free subsidized hospital care, free public education, etc.. -- then we have a fundamentally different understanding of what America should desire from its immigrants.