Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Israel Is ‘Undoubtedly’ a Model for Securing Our Borders  (Read 1496 times)

Offline libertybele

Amen!!

Ted Cruz: Israel Is ‘Undoubtedly’ a Model for Securing Our Borders

......“When you are surrounded by enemies who would drive you into the sea, you don’t have the luxury of indulging in nonsense when it comes to national security,” Cruz told host Amanda House on the eve of the U.S. embassy in Israel’s move to Jerusalem. “You don’t have the luxury of indulging in political correctness and ignoring the harsh realities of the world we live in.”

“For Israel, borders are life or death,” Cruz continued. “Borders are ensuring that innocent men, women, and children are not murdered by terrorists seeking to destroy them. And so, there is a great deal we can learn on border security from Israel in terms of how to effectively secure a border.”

As one of Congress’s most vocal advocates for the Jewish State, Cruz called the relocation of America’s embassy, as required by a 1995 law, a “momentous occasion.” Both the United States and Israel herself recognize Jerusalem as the capital, but until Monday, the U.S. had kept its embassy with most other countries in Tel Aviv.

Cruz’s comments came in the context of weeks of ongoing Hamas rioting conducted with the explicit aim of breaching Israel’s border, provoking deadly Israeli responses. On Monday, – as celebrations were taking place in Jerusalem – roughly 60 miles south, deadly clashes between a Hamas-organized march and the Israeli Defense Force left dozens dead, according to Hamas-controlled medical authorities.

The events of the day gave a new relevance to Cruz’s remarks on Israeli border policy. In the years before this eruption of violence, Israel instituted a strategy of border walls that has proven highly effective in stopping crossings by Palestinian Arabs and has cut back dramatically on the terrorism that was once pervasive in Israeli society...........

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/14/exclusive-ted-cruz-israel-is-undoubtedly-a-model-for-securing-our-borders/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

Israel has fences and walls, and they work fine.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nice words, Ted, how about actually doing something about it for a change? Sponsor a bill in congress and pass it on to the president to sign. That'd be something.

In the mean time, nice words, maybe Rush or Mark Levin will say something like that too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I saw the border wall when I was in Israel 4 years ago. Not all of it is a 10 foot high concrete barrier as the media and the PLO would lead you to believe. 

The actual physical wall is in place on areas where the PLO territory gets within mortar and RPG range of a city or town. And it is monitored electronically.

Other areas away from population centers it's more cameras and electronic sensors that monitor the border.

The combination has been quite effective and it's the reason that the PLO and Hamas have switched to firing 122mm rockets at Israel.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:10:48 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nice words, Ted, how about actually doing something about it for a change? Sponsor a bill in congress and pass it on to the president to sign. That'd be something.

In the mean time, nice words, maybe Rush or Mark Levin will say something like that too.

Anyone else in Congress speaking up at all, Tom?    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

! No longer available

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Actually, they don't work fine. Where there is a will, there is a way. You hear about terrorist attacks (or at least attempts) almost weekly. There are elaborate tunnel systems where people cross over. Rockets are fired over almost daily. And in many areas, there isn't even a wall. It looks good in visuals, but in reality, it is barely making a dent. All of the riots and protests yesterday are a pretty good example.

In Israel, like here, it is way more complicated than what pouring concrete will solve.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:46:50 pm by AbaraXas »

Oceander

Actually, they don't work fine. Where there is a will, there is a way. You hear about terrorist attacks (or at least attempts) almost weekly. There are elaborate tunnel systems where people cross over. Rockets are fired over almost daily. And in many areas, there isn't even a wall. It looks good in visuals, but in reality, it is barely making a dent. All of the riots and protests yesterday are a pretty good example.

In Israel, like here, it is way more complicated than what pouring concrete will solve.

Shhh!!!  Dont bust the buzz!

Offline GrouchoTex

Actually, they don't work fine. Where there is a will, there is a way. You hear about terrorist attacks (or at least attempts) almost weekly.
Yes, which would happen with or without a wall.
There are elaborate tunnel systems where people cross over.
Which somewhat proves my point. they are having to build the tunnels, where they wouldn't have without a wall, thereby making it more difficult.
Rockets are fired over almost daily.
..and they would be, regardless of the structure put in place, or lack thereof.
 And in many areas, there isn't even a wall.
Like in the US, not every area would require a physical barrier.
It looks good in visuals, but in reality, it is barely making a dent. All of the riots and protests yesterday are a pretty good example.
Did the "protesters" (terrorist) breach this wall yesterday? I don't think they did.  Again, all the riots and protest would have happened anyway, it was the 70th anniversary of Israel.
Who among us has suggested that pouring concrete is the only solution? I haven't heard that from anyone.

Offline GrouchoTex

Shhh!!!  Dont bust the buzz!

I agree with @txradioguy post # 3.
Seems the only one not seeing the "quite effective" reality here is @Oceander and @AbaraXas

Oceander

Seems the only one not seeing the "quite effective" reality here is @Oceander and @AbaraXas

/snicker

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@GrouchoTex

Speaking of "quite effective"

During the 34 months from the beginning of the violence in September 2000 until the construction of the first continuous segment of the security fence at the end of July 2003, Samaria-based terrorists carried out 73 attacks in which 293 Israelis were killed and 1,950 wounded. In the 11 months between the erection of the first segment at the beginning of August 2003 and the end of June 2004, only three attacks were successful, and all three occurred in the first half of 2003.

Since construction of the fence began, the number of attacks has declined by more than 90%. The number of Israelis murdered and wounded decreased by more than 70% and 85%, respectively, following the erection of the fence.

Even the Palestinian terrorists have addmitted the fence is a deterrent. On November 11, 2006, Islamic Jihad leader Abdallah Ramadan Shalah said on Al-Manar TV the terrorist organizations had every intention of continuing suicide bombing attacks, but that their timing and the possibility of implementing them from the West Bank depended on other factors. “For example,” he said, “there is the separation fence, which is an obstacle to the resistance, and if it were not there the situation would be entirely different.”

The value of the fence in saving lives is evident from the data: In 2002, the year before construction started, 457 Israelis were murdered; in 2009, 8 Israelis were killed.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/background-and-overview-of-israel-s-security-fence
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Ted Cruz was both praising Israel and holding them up as an example of a country totally dedicated to guarding its borders.

However, one can hardly compare Israel to the Southern border of the United States as this country could fit into a corner of Texas.

But first comes dedication and then comes action.  I think Trump has the dedication and the action will follow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz was both praising Israel and holding them up as an example of a country totally dedicated to guarding its borders.

However, one can hardly compare Israel to the Southern border of the United States as this country could fit into a corner of Texas.

But first comes dedication and then comes action.  I think Trump has the dedication and the action will follow.

Oh, I have no doubt that Trump wants a border wall; those in Congress have already told him no as they didn't allocate monies for any additional wall.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

Anyone else in Congress speaking up at all, Tom?    *****rollingeyes*****

Right, that was pathetic.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

We need a wall, E-verify, busting employers of illegals, no benefits for any immigrants for two generations.... not even voting.

Did I leave anything out...oh yeah. Popping your water here in America ...does not an American make. No other western country allows that.

So yes, I do think it takes more than a wall. But a wall is good.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

We need a wall, E-verify, busting employers of illegals, no benefits for any immigrants for two generations.... not even voting.

Did I leave anything out...oh yeah. Popping your water here in America ...does not an American make. No other western country allows that.

888high58888  ... I think there needs to be a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country until we have revamped and improved our immigration system.  I do like your idea of no benefits for 2 generations! 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Groucho asked:
"Who among us has suggested that pouring concrete is the only solution? I haven't heard that from anyone."

I have.
I've been suggesting it for almost 25 years now, first on the old AOL message boards in the 1990's, then later o'er at TOS, and here as well.

I proposed a "Wall of American" before Pat Buchanan did.

Ever been to a high security prison?
What is usually "surrounding it"?
How many have you seen without a high, imposing wall?
Why is that wall there?
Would you agree, or not agree, that it works quite well for its intended purpose?

Walls are constructed around prisons because THEY WORK.
By and large, they keep people from "crossing" from one side of the prison (the inside) to the other (the outside).
But a wall can work the other way, of course.
That's why we need one for as much of our southern border as can be built.

Build it tall and imposing enough, and it will keep out most of those who would otherwise get across that border.

And that's why there are voices -- even right here in this forum -- who oppose them so vociferously.

Because... unlike every other possible alternative ... a wall... simply works, doing what it's intended to do.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:03:38 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

888high58888  ... I think there needs to be a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country until we have revamped and improved our immigration system.  I do like your idea of no benefits for 2 generations!

I agree.  A two-year moratorium would be perfect and give us an opportunity to work on all the other problems.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Absolutely!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

One more thing.  We need to take away tax exempt status for religious organizations that help illegal immigrants avoid detection.

https://empowertexans.com/metroplex/north-texas-cities-helping-illegal-aliens-avoid-detection/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Well, Tom, he could propose legislation, but the problem is the same one Ted has faced his whole career --getting the lard butts in congress to actually do something.  Bottom line is Ted's Republican colleagues have no interest in fixing the illegal immigration mess -- just as they have no interest in getting rid of Obamacare, passing meaningful tax reform and in keeping all the other promises they made to the voters when they gave these bums the majority in both houses. 

Of course, if the Dems wrest control from the Republicans this year, you know for sure illegal immigration will only be expanded, not lessened.  But even if the Republicans manage to hold on to their majorities, I still don't see any movement on the illegal immigration issue

Offline GrouchoTex

Groucho asked:
"Who among us has suggested that pouring concrete is the only solution? I haven't heard that from anyone."

I have.
I've been suggesting it for almost 25 years now, first on the old AOL message boards in the 1990's, then later o'er at TOS, and here as well.

I proposed a "Wall of American" before Pat Buchanan did.

Ever been to a high security prison?
What is usually "surrounding it"?
How many have you seen without a high, imposing wall?
Why is that wall there?
Would you agree, or not agree, that it works quite well for its intended purpose?

Walls are constructed around prisons because THEY WORK.
By and large, they keep people from "crossing" from one side of the prison (the inside) to the other (the outside).
But a wall can work the other way, of course.
That's why we need one for as much of our southern border as can be built.

Build it tall and imposing enough, and it will keep out most of those who would otherwise get across that border.

And that's why there are voices -- even right here in this forum -- who oppose them so vociferously.

Because... unlike every other possible alternative ... a wall... simply works, doing what it's intended to do.

It is not the only tool in the tool box, but it is definitely one of the most tried and true tools in tool box .
Break out that tool and use it!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, I have no doubt that Trump wants a border wall; those in Congress have already told him no as they didn't allocate monies for any additional wall.

@libertybele   Yes, some in congress have indicated that, but Trump's influence is growing.  This was a signature issue for him and maybe an issue that secured his Presidential victory.   Also this victory was a huge sign that the People want border security and want a wall.  Congress may have to reconsider its position. 

Also, there have been studies showing that a wall could reduce illegal immigration and end up saving enough money to pay for the wall.

I know ... there are studies showing everything but this makes sense to me.