Author Topic: Trump's Embassy Move Isn't Like Obama's Ephemeral Iran Deal Because It's Law  (Read 372 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
President Trump has many faults, of which I'm painfully aware each day. But not this day. Good Trump.
By Steve Berman
https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/trump-s-embassy-move-isn-t-like-obama-s-ephemeral-iran-deal-because-it-s-law-uhdKMHxsLU2ZEwO4QRkMsQ/?full=1

President Trump, in his inaugural address, uttered this line: "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people."

I doubt there is anything that this president has said more true than that. And the proof of it is how quickly Trump has dismantled President Obama's so-called legacy. Obama's legacy consisted of two years of complete control of Congress and the executive branch, and yielded Obamacare, which continues to plague us, because Congress refused to kill it. But all machinations Mr. Pen and a Phone made to prop it up are now for naught.

Obama's climate change agenda and Iran deal are no more because they didn't have the support of Congress. They were ephemeral ink blots made by a White House in collusion with a sycophantic press.

On the other hand, Trump's legacy is going to be very hard for a future president to tear down. Moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem was the will of Congress, which became law on November 8, 1995. It happened under President Bill Clinton, who did not sign the bill, or veto it.

Therefore, the Jerusalem Embassy Act has been the law of the land for nearly 23 years. President Trump merely complied with its main purpose . . . the next president can move the embassy out of Jerusalem, and lose 50 percent of appropriated funding for foreign embassies around the world. Or a future Congress can repeal the Act. This is the way our government is supposed to work. Trump has followed the law, while Obama invented royal fiats . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.