Author Topic: Southwest flight loses pressure, makes emergency landing  (Read 814 times)

Offline mountaineer

Southwest flight loses pressure, makes emergency landing
4 hrs ago

DALLAS – A Southwest Airlines plane was forced to make an emergency landing Saturday after the cabin started losing pressure. CBSDFW reports the plane is now undergoing a maintenance review.

Flight 861 was headed from Denver to Dallas Saturday night, and there were more than 100 passengers on board.

Passenger Glen Eichelberger said at around 9 p.m., the oxygen masks came down and passengers were told to put them on because the cabin was losing pressure. Passenger Josh Trimberger said the plane was about 30 minutes outside of Dallas at that point.  ... More at CBS News via MSN
A friend of mine commented, "We now have our third Southwest Airlines incident. Two of them involve Dallas Texas. I happen to wonder if the third incident is involving a plane that went from Dallas to Chicago before leaving that major hub. I would start pulling tapes from the Dallas Airport Southwest Hub facilities and watch for strange behavior in a mechanic. Something is not adding up.......one incident is a tragedy. Two incidents is a coincidence. Three incidents means someone might be orchestrating these...."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Southwest flight loses pressure, makes emergency landing
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:26 pm »
I have a feeling this is a prelude to some catastrophic event in the near future...either that or Southwest needs to start grounding their fleet for top to bottom inspections.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:07 pm »
Also reported by FOX News (with video):
A Southwest Airlines aircraft is undergoing a maintenance review after the plane depressurized on a flight from Denver to Dallas on Saturday night.

The cabin of Southwest Airlines Flight 861 reportedly began to lose pressure at around 9 p.m., about half-hour before landing at its intended destination of Dallas Love Field, KTVT reported.  ...

Saturday’s incident is the latest in a string of emergency landings for Southwest, following last week’s unscheduled landing at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport over an issue with cockpit instruments showing a problem with the plane’s flab. ...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:48:06 pm »
I hope the passengers were better at following instructions than the group in the last emergency.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:19:53 pm »
I hope the passengers were better at following instructions than the group in the last emergency.

I suspect they weren't.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 08:11:39 pm »
A friend of mine commented, "We now have our third Southwest Airlines incident. Two of them involve Dallas Texas. I happen to wonder if the third incident is involving a plane that went from Dallas to Chicago before leaving that major hub. I would start pulling tapes from the Dallas Airport Southwest Hub facilities and watch for strange behavior in a mechanic. Something is not adding up.......one incident is a tragedy. Two incidents is a coincidence. Three incidents means someone might be orchestrating these...."

I'm laughing here because after the last incident, I told a friend of mine I suspected sabotage.  She told me to stop hanging around with conspiracy theory believers. 

It is strange.  I believe SW, until recently, had a decent safety record.  I always felt safe flying with them.  Does make you wonder though -- after three incidents in such a short period of time -- if something is going on.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 09:44:25 pm »

I think you may be correct, Mountineer.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »
I'm laughing here because after the last incident, I told a friend of mine I suspected sabotage.  She told me to stop hanging around with conspiracy theory believers. 

It is strange.  I believe SW, until recently, had a decent safety record.  I always felt safe flying with them.  Does make you wonder though -- after three incidents in such a short period of time -- if something is going on.

I've taken them out of Hobby more times than I can count.
No issues, other than standard airport issues.
No flight problems.
It does make you wonder.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 09:51:52 pm »
Just look for any employees who have big shorts or puts on LUV. Investigators would have to look at relatives and friends as well. It does sound plausible. Buy a ton June Puts or simply short, and then have someone on the inside to ensure the bet. It's a sound plan, if someone does not care about the life of his fellow human beings.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 09:51:57 pm »
@mountaineer

"Flight 861 was headed from Denver to Dallas Saturday night..."
Dallas had not touched the plane - it came from Denver TO Dallas.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 11:48:49 pm »
“Alright everybody, get into crash positions!”

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 11:50:59 pm »
I have a feeling this is a prelude to some catastrophic event in the near future...either that or Southwest needs to start grounding their fleet for top to bottom inspections.

They need to ground for inspections. They seem to have a serious maintenance problem.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 01:38:56 am »
@mountaineer

Yes, I noticed that on re-reading the piece.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 02:44:44 am »
@mountaineer

FlightAware used to allow you to track tail numbers, but that seems to be gone.  It makes it look like the plane flies once a week, deadheading from Dallas to San Diego, when I bet that's not the case. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn