Author Topic: US reportedly cancels B-52 bomber exercise with South Korea amid threats from North Korea  (Read 516 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A training exercise involving U.S. B-52 bombers flying alongside South Korean warplanes was canceled following threats that Pyongyang would withdraw from a highly anticipated summit with President Donald Trump next month, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing U.S. officials.

According to Friday's report, the officials said South Korea had asked to not participate in an air drill that also involved Japan and the U.S.

The White House referred CNBC's request for comment about the Journal report to the Pentagon, which said plans for a separate exercise is continuing as planned.

The news came a day after the Defense Department said the U.S. had no plans to scale back the exercises.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/18/us-cancels-south-korea-military-exercise-amid-north-korea-threats-report.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

Linebacker II got the North Vietnamese back to the Table in Paris 72.  /JS

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

Bummer , if true. I prefer pressure. Now, a velvet hammer is a good thing too.

Personally, it may be a good sign that one of the worlds rabid dogs is being brought to heel. The only fat man in the NK tried to stop ... I.E. see what leverage he had, the regular war-games. Well, after a few days... we don't fly the B-52s(very nuke capable) ... sends a message(lets de-nuke) and lets the fat one save some face..... and likely his life.

The Kabuki must go on.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."