Author Topic: Kelly Sadler promises to publicly apologize for 'dying' remark about John McCain: Report  (Read 1114 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kelly Sadler promises to publicly apologize for 'dying' remark about John McCain: Report
by Katelyn Caralle
 | May 13, 2018 02:00 PM

White House aide Kelly Sadler told Meghan McCain over the weekend that she would apologize publicly for her comment mocking the health of Sen. John McCain, who is fighting brain cancer.

Sadler spoke with the Senator’s daughter and co-host of "The View" in a phone call, and according to a source familiar with the conversation, promised McCain that she would make a public apology, CNN reported Sunday.

The aide has yet to do so.

It was reported last week that Sadler made the remark, during a closed-door White House meeting, that Sen. McCain’s opposition to CIA director nominee Gina Haspel regarding her past involvement with enhanced interrogation programs doesn’t matter because he was “dying anyway.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/kelly-sadler-promises-to-publicly-apologize-for-dying-remark-about-john-mccain-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly do myself, wonder how sick McCain is, one or two weeks of dominating the headlines over this.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly do myself, wonder how sick McCain is, one or two weeks of dominating the headlines over this.

Recent headlines say he's doing better @TomSea   .... Here's one report:

McCain's health improving, family and friends say
Fox News, May 12, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/12/mccains-health-improving-family-and-friends-say.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Bleh. Tired of this manufactured outrage. No one in the country cares about McLame. He's a loser.

Meghan McCain addresses White House official who said her father doesn't matter because he's 'dying anyway'
Washington Examiner, May 11, 2018, Katelyn Caralle

Meghan McCain on Friday dismissed a recent wave of insults against her father, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and said the people doing this are nobodies who won't be remembered for anything.

"I just really want to emphasize, it was a hard day yesterday, but … My father's legacy is going to be talked about for hundreds and hundreds of years," she said. "These people: nothingburgers. Nobody will remember you."

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/meghan-mccain-john-mccain-white-house

My father's legacy is going to be talked about for hundreds and hundreds of years," she said

Hundreds?  Why not thousands?   :laugh:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Why not to infinity and back?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fantom

Well, we do still talk about Benedict Arnold's legacy all these hundreds of years later.  Meghan may have a point.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online mountaineer

Has this story been posted anywhere?
McCAIN UNHINGED: Called Wife C-Word, Mocked Chelsea Clinton’s Appearance, Threatened Grassley & Colleagues
Posted on May 13, 2018

We harken back to 2008 presidential election to decipher some facts the mainstream media refuses to report on Senate “maverick” John McCain’s unhinged behavior during his political career.

Maverick? More like Maniac.

Few in the media want to report the facts. Even McCain has refused to comment on his public relation disasters during his campaigns. The following is from a Rolling Stone profile on McCain from a reported embedded into his campaign.

The revelations are beyond disturbing and eclipse any dirt the partisan media has dug up on President Trump. Good thing there was never a President McCain.
During his 1992 campaign, at the end of a long day, McCain’s wife, Cindy, mussed his receding hair and needled him playfully that he was “getting a little thin up there.” McCain reportedly blew his top, cutting his wife down with the kind of language that had gotten him hauled into court as a high schooler: “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c**t.” Even though the incident was witnessed by three reporters, the McCain campaign denies it took place.  ...

In 1992, McCain got into a heated exchange with Sen. Chuck Grassley over the fate of missing American servicemen in Vietnam. “Are you calling me stupid?” Grassley demanded. “No, I’m calling you a bleep jerk!” yelled McCain. Sen. Bob Kerrey later told reporters that he feared McCain was “going to head-butt Grassley and drive the cartilage in his nose into his brain.” The two were separated before they came to blows ...
True Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They will sing!

Singvogel Singvogel über alles,
Ãœber alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Du wirst singen
Dem Feind, wie deine Brüder jammern

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, is he dying or not?

If he is, and all indications are that he is, he has nothing for which he needs to apologize. Considering the lack of context, it is the McCain clan that needs to apologize for besmirching Sadler.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024