Author Topic: Army's New Weapon: Special Goggles Allow Soldiers To Shoot Around Corners  (Read 464 times)

rangerrebew

Army's New Weapon: Special Goggles Allow Soldiers To Shoot Around Corners

by Tyler Durden
Sat, 05/12/2018 - 21:15

The United States Army recently awarded BAE Systems $97 Million in orders for new night vision goggles and thermal weapon sights for the Enhanced Night Vision Goggle III and Family of Weapon Sight-Individual (ENVG III/FWS-I) program. The all-in-one weapon sight system allows soldiers to acquire and eliminate enemy targets through a wireless connection that transmits the weapon’s crosshairs and surrounding imagery directly into the soldier’s goggles.

With both units wirelessly integrated, soldiers are on the verge of using weapon sight imagery and aim to point technology that can wirelessly transmit the gun’s sights to the soldier’s goggles with one click of a button - for a quick tactical edge during close combat warfare.

In other words, soldiers are about to receive futuristic devices that replace traditional night vision goggles with integrated systems, and allow troops on the battlefield to “shoot around corners, see-through dense vegetation, and smoke, plus distinguish friend from foe,” said USA Today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-11/armys-new-weapon-special-goggles-allow-soldiers-shoot-around-corners
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:03:31 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

I recall working with this idea in the 80s. Neat to see it coming into workable reality!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn