Author Topic: TRUMP IS STARTING TO SPOOK THE LEFT  (Read 7667 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: TRUMP IS STARTING TO SPOOK THE LEFT
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2018, 01:34:56 pm »
I'm thinkin that we don't need mods here!  We need a fire department instead!

To put out all the dumpster fires!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2018, 01:38:46 pm »

Then what the hell are you here for? Principles are first things - TRUE things. ALWAYS TRUE things.

The filthy pig down the street who makes his wife wear a sheet over her head has principles. He wants to blow everyone up in the name of allah. Is that what you mean?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2018, 01:43:34 pm »
The filthy pig down the street who makes his wife wear a sheet over her head has principles. He wants to blow everyone up in the name of allah. Is that what you mean?

Really? You think his way is TRUE? That what he believes is principled?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2018, 01:51:15 pm »
Then what the hell are you here for? Principles are first things - TRUE things. ALWAYS TRUE things. If the Principles of Conservatism are true, then why the hell wouldn't you fight for them? And if not, what the hell are you fighting for?

Unfortunately, I think principled-thinking represents pre-Trump thinking for many of his supporters.   Although many of them previously stood for things like fiscal conservatism and morality, they no longer can stand for those principles because their leader doesn't care about such things.   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2018, 01:54:17 pm »
It is indeed simplistic - as expected, as it is raised in defense of the notion that less-than-perfect is preferred. A simplistic notion, to the point of absurdity. In all other things, it is laudable to strive for excellence - for perfection - Except where politics is concerned? How absurd is that?

Then what the hell are you here for? Principles are first things - TRUE things. ALWAYS TRUE things. If the Principles of Conservatism are true, then why the hell wouldn't you fight for them? And if not, what the hell are you fighting for?

FOOLISHNESS. You lose before you even try.

Talk about foolishness. The way it works in America is everyone gets representation. People who have a different point of view from you participate in the political process too. And they will oppose your partisan views at every election. Conservatives have no more right to that process than do they. If you don’t control the levers of power, you got nothing.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2018, 01:56:44 pm »
Really? You think his way is TRUE? That what he believes is principled?

So then "True" is subjective since I'm sure that filthy dirtbag thinks his principles are true as well.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »
Talk about foolishness. The way it works in America is everyone gets representation. People who have a different point of view from you participate in the political process too. And they will oppose your partisan views at every election. Conservatives have no more right to that process than do they. If you don’t control the levers of power, you got nothing.

No, that isn't how it works. Everyone isn't represented. Liberalism is being crammed down our throats, time after time, for DECADES. Liberalism is being represented.

WHY? It fails everywhere it is tried.

I will tell  you why: Because it has no opposition.
Mere Republicans.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2018, 02:00:42 pm »
Unfortunately, I think principled-thinking represents pre-Trump thinking for many of his supporters.   Although many of them previously stood for things like fiscal conservatism and morality, they no longer can stand for those principles because their leader doesn't care about such things.

Can you show me where "Principled-thinking" has been in practice prior to 2016? I have to go back to Calvin Coolidge to see it in action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2018, 02:00:42 pm »

Maybe everyone gets representation, but the ability to act upon that representation is constrained by the Constitution, which hugely limits the different points of view.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2018, 02:01:40 pm »
So then "True" is subjective since I'm sure that filthy dirtbag thinks his principles are true as well.

Truth is never subjective by it's very definition.
What the dirtbag thinks and what is true are two different things.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2018, 02:03:46 pm »
Can you show me where "Principled-thinking" has been in practice prior to 2016? I have to go back to Calvin Coolidge to see it in action.

BEFORE 2016? As if to say that the principles of Conservatism are being enacted NOW? ROTFLMAO!!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2018, 02:28:56 pm »

During the Obama years, Paul Ryan and the Republican Congress constantly railed against Obama deficit spending.  That's no longer the case because the leader of the party doesn't care about fiscal resposibility.  Rand Paul even called out the GOP on their hypocrisy on this subject earlier this year:

“I think we should draw attention to the fact that we're spending so much money. I ran for office in 2010 with what was called sort of the Tea Party tidal wave,” Paul told CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“At that point we were very, very critical of President Obama's deficits, you know, approaching a trillion dollars in a year. We talked endlessly about them we had 100,000 people rally on the [National] Mall in Washington. And I'm still against deficit spending; just because Republicans are doing it, doesn't make it any better.”

IMO, the Republicans supported the principles of fiscal conservatism when a Democrat was in office, but now that a Republican is in office, they've abandoned those principles.  JMO.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/373335-paul-deficit-spending-no-better-under-republicans
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2018, 02:36:47 pm »
BEFORE 2016? As if to say that the principles of Conservatism are being enacted NOW? ROTFLMAO!!

Obama's legacy is being dismantled. That is unarguable.

Since Obama is the diametric opposite of conservative I believe this loosely qualifies.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2018, 05:04:55 pm »
I know @DCPatriot   I got an e-mail from a former active member here who got so disgusted with the NTers, she left TBR.  It's sad.

Compare that with TOS which bans people for not being AT.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:20 pm »

Still hoping the day will come when Obamacare is repealed and trillion dollar deficits are no more.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2018, 05:40:28 pm »
@DB

Thanks for the heads up. It is unfortunate that Trump even picks such. Would that he did not follow tradition of conferring with State Senators...particulary far left Senators.

However, it  looks like that ONE ...ONE out of how many, is less than what we would want. ... from the link contained in your thread link....The Alliance for Justice, which has led the fight against Trump judicial nominees, said Mr. Bennett is an exception, and they won’t oppose him., even the far left acknowledges that the body of work of Presidents Trumps judicial picks is conservative...definitely what the far left opposes.

An honest man would acknowledge that Trumps judicial picks are, by far, changing the judiciary in our favor. They are a great thing, and would credit Trump for such.

Change my opinion of you, if you care. Are you such a man?

Interestingly enough, this pick was appointed AG by a republican governor in Hawaii. Perhaps in that State, there is not much better to choose from...  https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/who-mark-bennett/

An honest man would have simply apologized for jumping to conclusions about another persons integrity as you did. Everything I said was accurate in my post yet you called it dishonest and then doubled down on it. It is you who have damaged your integrity here not me.

Offline DB

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2018, 05:47:27 pm »

Since Obama is the diametric opposite of conservative I believe this loosely qualifies.

Obama's real and lasting "legacy" that has long term serious consequences is his 10+ trillion dollars of additional debt. Nothing he's done is more damaging than that. Even damage from illegal immigration takes a back seat to that - which is also a major problem.

None of which has been "dismantled" by Trump or the GOP. Quite the opposite in fact.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2018, 08:43:21 pm »
Still hoping the day will come when Obamacare is repealed and trillion dollar deficits are no more.

As I do, and as I hope the borders are secured.

Unfortunately, those have to be group efforts.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2018, 09:50:07 pm »

LOL! Yeah right.  *****rollingeyes*****

Call me when the balanced budget happens and real spending reduction occurs.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2018, 09:57:51 pm »
Obama's real and lasting "legacy" that has long term serious consequences is his 10+ trillion dollars of additional debt. Nothing he's done is more damaging than that. Even damage from illegal immigration takes a back seat to that - which is also a major problem.

None of which has been "dismantled" by Trump or the GOP. Quite the opposite in fact.

That's right. To the tune of a third more in increase. SOSDD.
That is not conservative.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2018, 10:06:57 pm »

Will do. Sorry to intrude upon your half-empty worldview.

Continue kvetching now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2018, 10:10:29 pm »

LOL!

Freaking house is burning down....Trump has the fire under control, and you're screaming/bitching because "....those damned gutters were never painted".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2018, 10:31:25 pm »
Will do. Sorry to intrude upon your half-empty worldview.

Continue kvetching now.

Nothing half empty about it. Your emperor is buck-ass nekkid.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »
LOL!

Freaking house is burning down....Trump has the fire under control, and you're screaming/bitching because "....those damned gutters were never painted".

How the hell does he have ANYTHING 'under control' ??

Offline skeeter

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 10:45:08 pm »
Nothing half empty about it. Your emperor is buck-ass nekkid.

Is this where I become infuriated at your childish provocation?