Author Topic: Illegal Immigration in April Increased 230% Over Last Year  (Read 788 times)

rangerrebew

Illegal Immigration in April Increased 230% Over Last Year

Published: 
Fri, May 4th 2018 @ 1:58 pm EDT

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the Southwest Border Migration numbers for April, which reflect a 230 percent increase over the same month last year. That makes April the worst period since President Trump took office. The numbers induced DHS to issue a statement saying it will show “zero tolerance” for adults seeking to cross the border.

The statement said, "The recently released April 2018 Southwest Border Migration numbers underscore the continuing security crisis along our southwest border...For the second month in a row, we have seen more than 50,000 individuals try to illegally enter the United States. If you enter our country illegally, you have broken the law and will be referred for prosecution.  DHS has zero tolerance for those who break the law and will no longer exempt classes or groups of individuals from prosecution.  Whether you are a single adult or an adult member of a family unit, if you are apprehended you will be prosecuted and put in removal proceedings.”

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/illegal-immigration-april-increased-230-over-last-year

Offline skeeter

Re: Illegal Immigration in April Increased 230% Over Last Year
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:50:32 pm »
This makes no sense as it seems ICE has stepped up inland enforcement and the rhetoric and actions coming from this administration has not been nearly as friendly to the illegal immigrant industry as the past two administrations.

The only explanation I can think of is apparently the left has decided that facilitating illegal immigration is a way to stick it to this administration, by employing armies of attorneys and liberal localities broadcasting their intent to assist illegals in every way they can.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »
It makes perfect sense, @skeeter  - the economy's getting better!

Contrary, perhaps, to your beliefs,  these folks don't risk life and limb to leach off the system.  They come here to find work.   And there are a lot of employers ready and willing to hire them.   To expand their businesses, to serve their customers.   

But in the macro sense, increased illegal immigration is a tribute to Trump's and the GOP Congress's signature achievement - the reversal of the economy from the malaise of the Obama years.

I've said it before - Obama should be your hero,  skeeter:  he did more to stem the flow of illegals than any President in generations,  by ruining the economy through overregulation and general hostility to capitalism.   

Unless and until the legal immigration system provides the workers that employers need,  illegals will feel the pull when times are good.

Times, it appears, may be getting good again. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:59:36 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 03:22:06 pm »
Skeeter, first of all California is an active conduit to the rest of the nation and secondly, in the past whenever there is a threat of enforcement, illegal crossings increase so that they won't get caught not being able to enter.

And, I would guess that the open borders groups are working hard to encourage more immigration.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 04:23:09 pm »
It makes perfect sense, @skeeter  - the economy's getting better!

Contrary, perhaps, to your beliefs,  these folks don't risk life and limb to leach off the system.  They come here to find work.   And there are a lot of employers ready and willing to hire them.   To expand their businesses, to serve their customers.   

But in the macro sense, increased illegal immigration is a tribute to Trump's and the GOP Congress's signature achievement - the reversal of the economy from the malaise of the Obama years.

I've said it before - Obama should be your hero,  skeeter:  he did more to stem the flow of illegals than any President in generations,  by ruining the economy through overregulation and general hostility to capitalism.   

Unless and until the legal immigration system provides the workers that employers need,  illegals will feel the pull when times are good.

Times, it appears, may be getting good again.

Unlike yourself I won't bother repeating myself on this issue, it gets boring.

Other than to say unless you live in an area inundated with illegals, with all of the attendant monetary and societal costs, as I do, you really have no idea of what you're talking about. And you don't.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:26:43 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 04:30:29 pm »
Skeeter, first of all California is an active conduit to the rest of the nation and secondly, in the past whenever there is a threat of enforcement, illegal crossings increase so that they won't get caught not being able to enter.

And, I would guess that the open borders groups are working hard to encourage more immigration.

Makes sense to me.

I do have somewhat of a window into the foreign language news media in CA and its clear they're working OT to make certain new arrivals are equipped to deal with ICE, with plenty of legal advise, etc. Its an organized effort.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 05:11:25 pm »
@skeeter, I think that people are trying to get here 1) before border enforcement/deterrence steps up significantly and 2) while there are lots of available jobs.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 05:54:14 pm »
@skeeter, I think that people are trying to get here 1) before border enforcement/deterrence steps up significantly and 2) while there are lots of available jobs.

The jobs these guys take are not in terrible demand.  Apparently the unemployment rate is +30% among illegals.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:12:22 pm by Sanguine »

Offline darroll

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 06:06:04 pm »
It couldn't be our loose welfare and healthcare system.