Author Topic: A billionaire is opening a new mental health center in Colorado to treat veterans and their families  (Read 425 times)

Offline Suppressed

A billionaire is opening a new mental health center in Colorado to treat veterans and their families
The Cohen Veterans Network clinic in Greenwood Village will partner with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
By JOHN INGOLD | jingold@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
May 11, 2018 at 7:44 pm
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/11/cohen-veterans-network-mental-health-center-greenwood-village/

About half of U.S. military veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan don’t receive the mental health treatment they need, and the vast Veterans Health Administration system often doesn’t offer care for veterans’ families or for many veterans who were not honorably discharged.

So, on Monday, a new clinic funded by one of the nation’s wealthiest men and linked with the University of Colorado will officially open in Greenwood Village to help meet the need.

“I think we’ll be able to get folks in and get them the help they need when they’re motivated to seek it,” said Anthony Hassan, the CEO of the Cohen Veterans Network.

The Cohen Veterans Network is the charitable project of Steven A. Cohen, a former hedge fund titan who, with an estimated net worth of $11 billion, is ranked by Forbes as the 133rd-richest person in the world. In 2016 — at the urging of his son, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran — Cohen pledged $275 million to build a network of veterans clinics across the country.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️