Author Topic: Donnelly announces support for Trump's CIA pick Gina Haspel  (Read 706 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donnelly announces support for Trump's CIA pick Gina Haspel
The Hill, May 12, 2018, John Bowden

Sen. Joe Donnelly  (D-Ind.) has announced he will support President Trump’s pick to lead the CIA, Gina Haspel, increasing her chances of being confirmed.

Donnelly said in a statement Saturday he believes that Haspel “has learned from the past, and that the CIA under her leadership can help our country confront serious international threats and challenges.”

The Indiana Democrat also pointed to Haspel's backing from former CIA directors John Brennan, Michael Hayden and Leon Panetta in explaining his support for her.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/387405-donnelly-announces-support-for-trumps-cia-pick-gina-haspel

Re: Donnelly announces support for Trump's CIA pick Gina Haspel
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 04:52:41 pm »
Looks like Sleepin' Joe caught the President's rally.   88devil

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 04:54:44 pm »
Looks like Sleepin' Joe caught the President's rally.   88devil

Doubtful.  I know zealots like you find it blasphemous, but there are some people who are thoughtful and yet do not worship Trump as the second coming of Christ.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 04:56:16 pm »
Doubtful.  I know zealots like you find it blasphemous, but there are some people who are thoughtful and yet do not worship Trump as the second coming of Christ.

As one zealot to another @Oceander you could be right.   :shrug:

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 05:00:49 pm »
As one zealot to another @Oceander you could be right.   :shrug:

Except that I’m zealous for the truth, no matter whether it makes Trump look good or bad; you’re just a zealot for the unholy worship of Trump as a new god.

It makes a difference, not that you’d understand that. 

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 05:09:25 pm »
Except that I’m zealous for the truth, no matter whether it makes Trump look good or bad; you’re just a zealot for the unholy worship of Trump as a new god.

It makes a difference, not that you’d understand that.

@Oceander   Your knowledge, insights and sheer intellectual acumen are too far advanced for me to even attempt to debate you on this.

You win.   888blackhat

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 05:18:40 pm »
@Oceander   Your knowledge, insights and sheer intellectual acumen are too far advanced for me to even attempt to debate you on this.

You win.   888blackhat

Like I said, you wouldn’t understand.  In fact, you don’t wish to understand, because it would require you to acknowledge that so far Trump has proven to be a minimally competent president, still somewhere a little south of GWB in terms of competency.  And that will never happen; religious zealots can never handle the truth.